Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Is there software out there to further customize the AOD and Lockscreen? The built in one is very limited, as is Lockstar - there really isnt much you can do.

Associate
I just want to resize the calendar widgets and clock I have on the AOD/lock screen, but its all locked down to such a small area..

I wish they spent some time adding some styling to the calendar widget, it just looks so unfinished/simple.

Associate
Yeah my watch came in a unsealed box, with the strap inside.

That said, I'm not selling the watch, decided to use it. Though I will be buying a different strap.

Associate
Anyone using the new weather effects on the lockscreen?
Of course most of the time it's going to show rain here in the UK but it reminds me of my first touch screen phone the HTC Desire but minus the windscreen wiper

Associate
I'm using these now too JETech 3 x £8. For me fingerprints works fine, not as perfect as without but good enough.

Tried a few of these now:

Samsung ones (film) are too thin vs the screen width.

Spigen tempered glass ones I couldn't fit without dust and they are too expensive to burn through.

Jetech fine and easy enough to fit.

No fingerprint issues with any of the above.

Esr I haven't tried but their amazon reviews are quite obviously fake which put me off.
I've seen a few people now, including myself, who have had more trouble than usual getting the Spigen protector installed without getting stuff under it! The one I have on now (4th Spigen one!) has a tiny hair towards the top, left of the camera. It isn't making a bubble so I can cope with it there.

The JETech ones appear to have a black border around the edges. Are you using this protector with a case? Which case if so?

I'm using the Spigen with a Spigen case at the moment and there is very little room for the protector to be longer without it touching the case, but there is room on the sides if those black bits extend outwards a bit.

Lint and hairs collect like no ones business around the edges of my Spigen protector, which is really annoying! Hoping it'll stop doing it once the edges of the protector lose their "stick".

Associate
I was hoping the flat screen was going to make installing screen protectors less of a chore, but it certainly didn't lol. After multiple failed attempts I just ended up saying screw it and went for the whitedome. I was hoping to avoid having to use glue based ones, but the install method while a bit fiddly just works, and I've come out happy with the result. My S24U looks great. My only minor annoyance is a slight rainbow effect on bright screens around the camera cutout.

Soldato
My marble grey S24 plus was supposed to come on the 23rd Feb but just had an email saying its with the courier already and Ive arranged for this Wednesday delivery.

Has anyone any recommendations of screen protectors for S24 plus, ive seen a few posts about the width issue on the Ultras.

Also, for any one with the vegan case. What is the grip like? I have the leather on my S21 Ultra and like the feel/grio.

Associate
How do you set this up?
Settings/advanced features/labs/photo ambient wallpaper toggle on then......

Settings/wallpaper &style/change wallpapers/creative/photo ambient then choose a pic and click done.

I didn't think it was working but since I've had the phone there's been dry weather so nothing to portray but today it was p!$$ING down and I awoke ti find my lockscreen had rain drops on it lol.

Last edited:
Associate
My marble grey S24 plus was supposed to come on the 23rd Feb but just had an email saying its with the courier already and Ive arranged for this Wednesday delivery.

Has anyone any recommendations of screen protectors for S24 plus, ive seen a few posts about the width issue on the Ultras.

Also, for any one with the vegan case. What is the grip like? I have the leather on my S21 Ultra and like the feel/grio.
The vegan case is pretty slippery to be fair. I had the light grey leather case on my S22U and it was much more grippy and looked better. I'm glad I didn't buy this case but for free it's OK I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom