Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Anyone else checked theirs for screen shift issue with the camera, known hardware defect, lo and beholds mine have it

Non-issue. The lenses are in physically different places on the phone. If the subject is close, the effect will be more pronounced.

Try closing one of your eyes and looking at something close, and then look at the same item with your other eye instead...

Soldato
We'll have to see, I don't like the thought of owning a unit that might be considered having a defect especially if it comes to resale value but then again I'd just give it in to O2.

I just hope there is no other little defects or anything that effects overall quality.

On another note this phone for some reason gives me HTC One M8 vibes.

If Samsung can overcome the flaws in updates I'm concerned I might not want to upgrade my phone in 3 to 6 months, not that it's a bad thing just I like tinkering and I'm paying for the privilege of upgrading after 3 months

Last edited:
Soldato
Non-issue. The lenses are in physically different places on the phone. If the subject is close, the effect will be more pronounced.

Try closing one of your eyes and looking at something close, and then look at the same item with your other eye instead...
Effect is also known as parallax:

There's no way to avoid that with multiple cameras for closer targets and only direction varies depending on if cameras are horizontally or vertically.

Soldato
First test in blinding sunlight, no issues seeing the screen, so far so good.

Also using contactless, can't believe how fast it is it's insane, that and installing apps, choose app, press install, by time you're on desktop they're installed.

It was all slow on my S22 Ultra be swaddling thumbs waiting for things to install, this is like going from a Pentium 4 to a Q6600

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Apparently it's not going to be fixed and it's as intended.

If that's true that's very annoying.

Even though I have got 'used' to the natural setting on the S24U, every time I pick up my S23U (not sent it off yet) the screen just looks sooooooo much better. The colours pop, the screen pops, especially during gaming. This natural setting is just bland and boring.

If I didn't already send off the watch, I would probably return the phone! Cmon Samsung give us a proper vivid display..

cgk

cgk

Associate
Was going to complain about how terrible the Samsung screen protector was - peeling off and covered in bubbles... then I realised it was the film on the screen protector I'd not removed when applying it...

Last edited:
Soldato
Any chance of them using the snapdragon gen3 in S23 outside of uk?

I prefer the smaller size S23
Nope.
That model is called Chinese/US S24. ;)
(physical differences have really been minimal since S22)

S23 being Snapdragon everywhere propably happened at all when some bean counter was in high fever.

If you want Gen 3 Snapdragon in "compact" (if we can talk about such anymore) flagship Xiaomi 14 is one of the few.

Reactions: R3X
Soldato
If that's true that's very annoying.

Even though I have got 'used' to the natural setting on the S24U, every time I pick up my S23U (not sent it off yet) the screen just looks sooooooo much better. The colours pop, the screen pops, especially during gaming. This natural setting is just bland and boring.

If I didn't already send off the watch, I would probably return the phone! Cmon Samsung give us a proper vivid display..
I can only imagine it's software locked, the display MUST be capable of the same as S23U

Reactions: A2Z
Back
Top Bottom