*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Just sold my Pixel fold, and have bought a Fold5 coming tomorrow. I miss too many features from the fold 4 that the pixel just doesn't have so excited to get back to proper multitasking!!

What in particular?
Well I actually use the 3 apps open all the time when I am driving i have maps/Spotify/phone open, can't do that on the pixel, also things like share large files instantly uploads and gives a linknthat expires after x amount of time. Also the Bixby routines is far more powerful and in depth than the google equivalent, I set it up for location based automation when I arrive to different work places trigures seceral thing then when I leave it puts them all back

I am still loving mine!! thats actually a pretty good price, the z fold 6 won't be out until next august at the earliest so plenty of time, I don't think I am going to be tempted by the s24 next year as I am so used to folding phones now. I am still al little tempted by the oneplus open though, but I also used Samsung galaxy smart tags so would mean I wouldn't have that If I went to oneplus.

I can't believe how quickly they depreciate though, I have seen fold5's going for like £700 second hand!! amazing considering how much they are new!!!

I am still loving mine though, no plans to chop it in....... yet.... at least until the s24 drops!!!

Urgh. Just received the fold 6.
Popped on the free s pen case.. First seconds impression.. The frame to the left side on the front is way to thin and moves and feels like will snap. Not great quality....

Opened phone powered off. Closed. Set up Google account etc closed. . Opened phone and all of left side of screen flickers.
Samsung chat. Return arranged. New Phone replacement after they check this one. Apparently new phone will be sent not a repair 7 to 10 days later.
Disappointing first order from Samsung. Sigh.

Link to YouTube video
Oh that is not great to hear, I am thinking I might keep my fold 5

Just got another sent today.
Was a bit concerned how hot it gets charging but is safe temp wise et. Great phone (from an S22 ultra)

I think what is clear is that all the Chinese foldable are better speced. I think I'll stop watching the other reviews now otherwise you start nitpicking. Charging.. Battery size... Cameras etc... If the 6 does what I want then Im not gonna miss the other specs.

Now for the case. Sent the spigen armour pro back... Too chunky and that hinge protection gets in the way when holding and opening for me. ... The Samsung grey s pen case is awful for the money but was free so will try that for a while. Need a case that holds a pen but at the same time no too chunky. Search continues.
I am tempted by the chinese foldables but I am tied into the samsung ecosystem a bit, as I have the smart tags, also I like the way the fold handles multitasking ect. not sure if it is as good on the others, also the other thing that worries me is how good are the after sales if something goes wrong.

had good experience with Xiaomi and Oneplus flagship devices and support been good, not tried the other chinese brands so cant comment, will be interesting to see how the Oneplus open 2 is much prefer wider front screen
that's interesting to hear, I like the look of the oneplus open, would like to give it a go but I would buy one second hand though i reckon at this point.

Back
Top Bottom