Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
Looking forward to your reviews!
Unfortunately I have no experience with oleds going into this outside of my phone... so not sure I'm the best person to make comparisons with other monitors or tvs.

All I can compare it to are mid range monitors I've used for a Series X or Laptop over the last couple of years. I've also never owned an ultra wide before, so it is just a random gamble on a product I think ticks a lot of boxes for numerous use cases I envision myself in.

Associate
OP
All reviews are pretty subjective and your review/opinion is just as important as any other person's. I for one look forward to your take on it when you get it
That's true but the fact I haven't had an OLED ever before at this size, means I'm likely to be very happy with the product by default :cry:

but at the same time if I'm not blown away perhaps it'll have the opposite effect.

Associate
OP
I'd love to get one of these to replace my current 2 x 27" LED setup. My worry though is that whilst it will be amazing for gaming I'll be using it for work throughout the day, 4 days a week (lots of programming) and the risk of burn in feels pretty high, even with the tech improvements made.

Anyone else got a similar use case and not had issues with burn in on other modern OLED monitors?

I think this is one of those wait and see monitors for such a scenario (it's something I'm worried about as well) but can probably be mitigated with all the built in features (probably run them daily) or as needed and I don't think people will run into issues. It'll obviously be inconvenient having to nurse a monitor to maintain performance but no doubt worth it in the long run (alternatively) wait for the baby version of this to come out I saw on TFT reviews there'll be a model later in the year without all the smart tv features and some other downgrades that may reduce the price if you're not in a rush to get one. So by then you'll know if anyone had dramatic burn in early into the lifecycle of these monitors.

Associate
OP
Seems there is going to be another version of this G93SC without all the Smart TV features which hopefully will be a bit cheaper! OcUK have these up for pre-order now :thumbsup: still going to wait for the 57" tho :D
Would have been the preferred choice but the 4090 doesn't support it. And my desk definitely wouldn't support that size either without kicking off my pc from the desk good luck with your purchase.

Associate
OP
Has anyone else seen the deals available in other territories... Americans and Canadians are getting a hell of a deal with this monitor vs what they're offering folks in the UK.
1st thing I'm doing when I get the monitor is listing the SSD to reduce my expenditure for this monitor :D

I guess on the downside they have to wait longer for demand to be fulfilled.

Seen a few people on reddit have got their G9's already as well, so hopefully they decide to ship a few early and perhaps we can pay to move forward the delivery date, that's possible with DPD right?

Associate
OP
So i'm really on the fence with this G9 OLED, I have a LG Ultragear 38" 3840x1600 res monitor now, I really want to make the leap to OLED and can fit the 49" screen ok but the issue i see is the drop in vertical res to 1440p. I am wondering if i would notice this drop to 1440p more while playing games. Ideally a 38 OLED is needed :)
Yeah if you're happy with x1600 which I've heard many say is the perfect resolution for ultrawides then you're probably better off waiting for a product that will eventually suit you needs. Gotta be one coming in the next year surely.

Associate
OP
That price drop has annoyed me only because the order I already placed can't be cancelled. So I've gotta order again to get the deal on offer... and wait for the refund process for the current order...

Associate
OP
Probably were not shifting at the stupid pre-order price, mother truckers so now 1399 lol

Yeah but at the same time they're matching the pricing of international markets now, so it's actually around the price they should have gone with in the 1st place (1599.99) before the discount code and ssd kicks in.

Associate
OP
Through Perks at Work, it comes down to £1359 but it doesn't give the pre-order option so can't use the OLED150 code for a further discount.

Yeah pretty much as good as it'll get unless you're eligible for a student discount as well.
I expect the price to jump up again pretty fast as well, or retailers will struggle to shift their stock.

Associate
OP
Because i ordered online they cannot provide a refund of the price difference they can only do so if you order via the phone.
Yeah that's ridiculous, I got told I had to cancel the order and order again so that's what I did.

Should have been an automated process for the earliest buyers imo. But a few probably won't realise they've overpaid, probably what they're hoping for.

Back
Top Bottom