Samsung SM2433BW

Soldato
Well i was going to order the Hanns G 28" today but couldn't find it anywhere in stock for a decent price, as this was my plan B i picked this up today for £205, hopefully i won't be dissapointed, it does look good!

Associate
I'm very tempted to get one of these to replace my Dell 17 CRT :p, how do flatscreens compare to CRT's now?

Also, what is the keyboard in duckdodgersuk image, the one with the keypad to the left of the qwerty?

Associate
Ernie said:
how do flatscreens compare to CRT's now?
well compared to a 17" crt they are extremly good now days
i held off getting a flatscreen for many years ... but i was using a 19" iiyama crt
but once flatscreens got down to 2ms i took the plunge and have not looked back since

also the power usage and size of crt's is also something to think about, especially with energy prices now
i think 17" crt's use around 100 watt when on (the bigger you go the more power) compared to around 50watts for a flatscreen ? (these are approximate values so dont hold me to those figures)
and the standby mode is even better i think its about 15 watts for crt's and around 2 watts for a flatscreen.

I think that keyboard is the Wolf King DK-2588U.

thanks, saved me asking the same question :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well its been a few weeks since i got mine, and the verdict?

I love it, its exceptionally good for the money. Its very sharp, which surprised me, as i wasn't expecting such good IQ for £200. It really does put my TV to shame when watching bluerays. The overall design is very sturdy and sleek, it doesn't creek when you move it like my old 930bf :p

Its so good, im going to get another at some point!

some piccies...

DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

And some photos of a blueray playing...
2433dk.jpg

Associate
Does this support 1:1 pixel ratio over DVI?

Not sure whether to get this or the 22" variant, and one of my concerns is my computer not having enough ooomph to run it at native res.

Can run at 1680x1050 pretty much ok, and don't mind running it at that res on the 24" with a black border if need be, but wouldn't want it to be stretched and blurry (unless it doesn't blur too much)

[Edit]

Also, is this a gloss effect panel or matte? Looked on good old google and helpfully found out that the plastic surround is gloss but nothing other than that ;)

[/Edit]

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Is it possible to turn off the blue standby light from flashing without pressing the off button? So I shuttdown pc, walk away and it stops flahing?

Associate
I would like to know this aswell
me too, my T240's rose LED also flashes when in stand-by mode.

wow, the 2433BW looks fantastic, although overall it doesn't look as good as the Touch-of-Colour T240, but the bottom border with blue LED is much more suited than the rose LED, IMHO.

if only it has HDMI, i would have bought this instead.

Associate
response...

Thank you for contacting us regarding your 2433BW and the recent issue you have experienced.

The LED on the front of the unit remains on and flashes when the unit is in standby mode as an indication that the unit is receiving power.There unfortunately is no way to disable this feature as its inclusion is for safety purposes amongst other things.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please call our IT Helpdesk on 0845 726 7864 quoting your reference number.

Associate
at least make it flash slowly and like a pulse like Apple's flashing lights on their Macs.

the currently way of flashing just makes the £250 monitor feels tacky.

Associate
I'm in the market for a new monitor to replace my 5 year old proview (which caps out at 1280) and I'm torn between this one and the 2443. After discovering the 2443 does have HDCP over DVI it's made it that bit more difficult, as the 2433 matches my TV (Samsung 40A656) but the stand seems to be a bit of an issue. It'll be nice to see things in 1900x1200 either way though.

I'm leaning more towards the 2443 as it looks a bit more compact - any thoughts either way?

Associate
"the stand seems to be a bit of an issue"

Wasn't for me, yeah you have to put a bit of strenght into it but I did mine almost straightaway.

Back
Top Bottom