Samsung Warranty - Rubbish?

Soldato
Are no worse than any other.

Before I retired I was a IT technician for several schools, thus I had the 'pleasure' of dealing with numerous support personal from many different companies, probably thousands in my time.
Samsung was good, always a positive experience, as was Toshiba and several others. But Dell were woeful every time, they were condescending, I had to run though their crip sheet, despite informing them I'd already done this. The communication was often of a poor quality and challenging to understand also as clearly english was their second language.
But would I still buy from them again, hell yes...

Soldato
Are no worse than any other.

Before I retired I was a IT technician for several schools, thus I had the 'pleasure' of dealing with numerous support personal from many different companies, probably thousands in my time.
Samsung was good, always a positive experience, as was Toshiba and several others. But Dell were woeful every time, they were condescending, I had to run though their crip sheet, despite informing them I'd already done this. The communication was often of a poor quality and challenging to understand also as clearly english was their second language.
But would I still buy from them again, hell yes...

That is the exact opposite of my experiences - Dell stood out as having great CS in a sea of others ranging from irritating to verging-on-malicious incompetence. We switched our entire estate of desktops & laptops to Dell away from Stone due to this (whom I'm sure you've had the "pleasure" of dealing with if you did IT for education!).

Whilst I never dealt with Samsung in a professional capacity (maybe they treat their business customers better?), my personal dealings with them as a consumer have been abysmal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Defo will be more picky about what I buy from Samsung in future... He says, typing this from his Samsung mobile. Ffs. Lol.

After the Samsung TV (buzzing) .. I vowed never to have anything Samsung.. so they lost out on washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, TV, phones, tumble dryer, oven, hob, boiler, computers/laptops etc..

My opinion is Samsung has the values of a Chinese company - take your money but whatever is offered in replacement doesn't matter it's all badly designed and implemented but looks glossy.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is the exact opposite of my experiences - Dell stood out as having great CS in a sea of others ranging from irritating to verging-on-malicious incompetence. We switched our entire estate of desktops & laptops to Dell away from Stone due to this (whom I'm sure you've had the "pleasure" of dealing with if you did IT for education!).

Whilst I never dealt with Samsung in a professional capacity (maybe they treat their business customers better?), my personal dealings with them as a consumer have been abysmal.
Well some of it comes down to individual experience and who you get, which is why I stated that I would still buy Dell. We must have spent hundreds of thousands, far more than on Samsungs, for servers, laptops, desktops etc split over all the schools, and neither were they the most reliable as well, far from it.
But I was using the same Samsung support that private customers would use, as purchases were made through IT suppliers, unlike Dell, which was their enterprise support because you purchase directly from them on a contract for higher discounts. I did though once, it seems their support was dotted around the world, get through to their Irish support team who gave me some excellent help in rebuilding a server array. But that was a one off.

Soldato
OP
Quick update from me.

Samsung called me just now, very helpful lady, saying they received my letter and apologised for what has happened and they have now booked the vacuum in for a repair under warranty. Whilst not the outcome I was hoping for (i.e. just replace the faulty part) I'm happy enough to go along and let them take it away and check it over. I'm not getting my hopes up though; I think they'll probably say "no fault found"* but at least we're jumping through the necessary hoops. See what happens next!

EDIT: *Reason I say this is 1) The motorised brush head does still work - albeit it has expelled whatever lubricant it had inside. Who knows, 6 months time it might seize up. 2) I cleaned away all the crud from the bottom. I did send pictures showing what it was like before I cleaned it, so I wonder how appraised the repair centre are in this specific case.

Last edited:
Soldato
EDIT: *Reason I say this is 1) The motorised brush head does still work - albeit it has expelled whatever lubricant it had inside. Who knows, 6 months time it might seize up. 2) I cleaned away all the crud from the bottom. I did send pictures showing what it was like before I cleaned it, so I wonder how appraised the repair centre are in this specific case.

If you have carpets and it's leaking liquid oil/gunk then it could ruin your carpets, this definitely shouldn't in the design spec.

If everything else works, you should just push for a replacement head part if you can.

Soldato
Funny you mention this I bought a Samsung Bespoke Jet and the motorised head failed within the first 2 months. They replaced it after many calls and actually sent two. So if you don't get anywhere and think the head from the Bespoke Jet would work I have one sitting in the cupboard. I also found the customer service shocking and did not want to help. I have zero faith in the warranty thats 5 years and if it breaks again would most likely go back to Dyson.

Soldato
OP
Funny you mention this I bought a Samsung Bespoke Jet and the motorised head failed within the first 2 months. They replaced it after many calls and actually sent two. So if you don't get anywhere and think the head from the Bespoke Jet would work I have one sitting in the cupboard. I also found the customer service shocking and did not want to help. I have zero faith in the warranty thats 5 years and if it breaks again would most likely go back to Dyson.
Cheers that is awesome I'll let you know for sure! What a kind gesture. DPD collected the vacuum this morning so now we wait...

Soldato
seems curious if (it really has one?) the electric motor continues to work if bearings could be seized .. but the amount of grease in those isn't much.
Bosch pet & dog has a head that is powered by part of the vacuum power - but use it rarely as it makes a racket & not sure it does the carpet any good,
versus a traditional kerby type machine where brush motor has much more torque and turns slower.

Soldato
OP
Quick update.

Repair centre rang tonight (the cleaner went back last weekend). They at first toed the same line as Samsung support that the grease couldn't have come from the bearings, it didn't look right, I must have done it somehow, it isn't covered, the cleaner works fine, etc.

I explained I'd not done anything, used the cleaner as normal, never damaged it, or taken it apart.. and finally they agreed to replace the motorised head just as a gesture of goodwill.

They explained if it happened again that they couldn't help at all.

So the end is in sight albeit it's been a big ol' struggle just to get a simple part replaced. I think I'll be giving Samsung a wide berth in the future where possible.

Thanks all.

Soldato
just as a gesture of goodwill.

I ****ing hate this phrase with a passion. 9/10 times it's used to try and make out the company is doing you a favour by (begrudgingly) performing the bare minimum of their legal obligations to you as a customer, after trying and failing to fob you off.

A gesture of goodwill would be going above and beyond that :mad:

Soldato
OP
I ****ing hate this phrase with a passion. 9/10 times it's used to try and make out the company is doing you a favour by (begrudgingly) performing the bare minimum of their legal obligations to you as a customer, after trying and failing to fob you off.

A gesture of goodwill would be going above and beyond that :mad:
Exactly. Totally agree!

Soldato
Quick update.
I think I'll be giving Samsung a wide berth in the future where possible.

Thanks all.
It isn't positive, however it is the result you wanted, even though you had to persevere. That seems to be what is required these days from any product, even if it's a £47k BMW or Audi from my own personal experience also.
Samsung tend to stand out because their products, such as TV's for example, outsell their closest competitor by 2 to 1. Most will hear about any negative experiences through the skewed internet, because only those who have issues tend to shout about it, those who haven't, such as myself, tend not too.
However you will never be able to avoid Samsung products totally because their components are so widespread, in Apple products for example. Certainly owners of those products are the ones really been taken to the cleaners, forgive me for the pun...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom