Sandisk Customer service.

Soldato
Everyone likes to put down company's but not many post to say just how good a company are with their customer service, so on that note I would like to tell you about my RMA with sandisk.

Back in January my Sandisk clip had a fault with the up volume, upon some research I found it was a common fault (I did not know this as I have 2 sandisk clips and the other one is fine) with them.

I actually purchased this one back in June 2015 as a back up because they were discontinuing them, I have only used this one for roughly 4 months when the fault happened.

So,with 2 year warranty (in Europe) i started a rma for the faulty player, I started on the 25th january and today I got a brand new sansa clip jam in the post.

The whole process was painless, they paid for the item to be shipped (print off a ups label) and the communication was amazing even though they are based in the czech republic the communication was spot on, they contacted me every step of the way, I really cant fault it to be honest.

I use a lot of sandisk products, memory cards for my dslr, gopro, memory stick etc and now I know their customer service is this good I will continue to use them.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of their mp3 players then do so,they are amazing for the money, I have had quite a few mp3 players but this little player is just spot on.

Just thought I would give the company a shout as it was superb process.

Soldato
Thanks for sharing, good to know SanDisk have a good after sales support.

You're very right in not enough people praising when companies actually do have a high standard of service.

Associate
Let's do exactly that then - in amongst all the other negativity and crap we have to wade through, shout out a company that you've dealt with that have been brilliant.

Caporegime
My PS3 broke years ago. Rang up Sony, they sent a brand new one to my door by courier and took the faulty one away.

Mad Catz replaced my Tritton Pro+ cans a few years ago with zero issue too.

Soldato
Bought a faulty StarTech cable from Amazon. Was a used cable so was discounted. Cable arrived faulty. Amazon wouldn't offer a replacement only a refund.

StarTech were able to offer a replacement and covered all of my return postage fees etc. also chatting to their staff on the live chat they clearly know their stuff. Would recommend.

Soldato
I'll give an example with Apple.

My wife dropped her iPhone 6S and the screen partly popped out of the casing and stopped working. It was booked into the genius bar and I assumed I'd have to pay for a refurb but as the display hadn't cracked they replaced the phone free of charge. The genius said it had something to do with accidental damage, they couldn't prove that was the cause even though I said it had been dropped.

Soldato
Rossuk89;30491201 said:
Had a faulty SD card, they replaced it very fast. No issues whatsoever.

My Samsung Evo one has gone faulty.

I had a read about and it looks like Samsung would want me to send it to the Netherlands before they would do anything. Bit of a waste of time for a single SD card.

I contacted Amazon, and they have agreed to refund me - not bad considering I purchased it November 2015.

My other card is a Sandisk, so I'll probably get another one of them :)

Associate
HungryHippos;30492518 said:
My Samsung Evo one has gone faulty.

I had a read about and it looks like Samsung would want me to send it to the Netherlands before they would do anything. Bit of a waste of time for a single SD card.

I contacted Amazon, and they have agreed to refund me - not bad considering I purchased it November 2015.

My other card is a Sandisk, so I'll probably get another one of them :)

I had to send it to the Czech Republic but the whole process from sending the card to them and then getting the new card was just over a week I think.

Pretty efficient!

Soldato
Fitbit also provide fantastic customer service, will replace almost any fitbit that is broken due to wear if provided with a photo and receipt. Often they will upgrade the device to its newer iteration also.

Commissario
Bit of a bump but I've bought a number of Sandisk 16Gb SD cards for use in Raspberry Pis recently. At the weekend I noticed that one of my Pis had started running dreadfully slowly so I slapped a new card in just to check and it was perfectly fine. Further testing showed that the original card was the problem, when I tried to write an image to it, it was running at roughly a tenth of the correct speed. It took over an hour to write instead of the usual six or seven minutes.

I contacted the supplier and told them what had happened. My last order was for two cards and they've just duplicated that order and are sending two cards out. I specifically mentioned that only one is broken and they told me just to send the faulty one back and keep the two they're sending me.

Now I appreciate the supplier isn't Sandisk themselves but I think this is pretty good customer service.

Associate
Another +1 for Sandisk, my 120GB Sandisk Ultra died on me after 2 and 1/2 years. Contacted them under warranty, they paid for all the shipping and returned me an upgrade of a 120GB X110 SSD. Very pleased!

Back
Top Bottom