• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sandy Bridge 2500k Just Died

Soldato
How do you get your VCore so low? I am at 1.3V for 4.5Ghz although I have left the voltage on AUTO in the bios. Are you setting it manually?

Are you making sure to set the BCLK (base clock) to 100 manually ? Also have you made sure that the memory can't run at lower volts, lowering the volts on the memory and tightening up the timings will probably give you some headroom with the Vcore.

Associate
Are you making sure to set the BCLK (base clock) to 100 manually ? Also have you made sure that the memory can't run at lower volts, lowering the volts on the memory and tightening up the timings will probably give you some headroom with the Vcore.

My BCLK is manually set to 100 however my memory and everything else ( excluding multi x45 ) is set to default values.

Associate
I'm taking my time and letting the CPU settle at each change in vcore and frequency. I may just have a good chip of course.

I have to say I'm surprised how well it seems to be doing. I think Gibbo did say that he had found that after a few days he needed a bit more vcore than before to maintain the same clock speed... I'm hopeful that letting the CPU settle and get burnt in will help maintain its stability over the longer term.

This steady approach is how we used to overclock when it was not so easy.

Don't forget I have a 2600K not a 2500K like you, so I have a 1x Multi head start you could say.

Hi

Are you setting the voltage in manual mode or leaving it in auto? Sorry, thats not clear to me in your post, maybe I missed something. Thanks for any info. I am also doing it step by step so want to try your method out.

Soldato
My BCLK is manually set to 100 however my memory and everything else ( excluding multi x45 ) is set to default values.

Make sure to set your memory voltages and timings manually too. to no higher then 1.5v-1.55v.. Go for the lowest voltage you can get that is stable.. never go higher then 1.55v on the memory..

You see what Simon has done here ?

Set my Ram speed to 1600MHz
Manually set DRAM to 6,8,6,24,1
Manually set DRAM Voltage to 1.425v

Associate
Make sure to set your memory voltages and timings manually too. to no higher then 1.5v-1.55v.. Go for the lowest voltage you can get that is stable.. never go higher then 1.55v on the memory..

You see what Simon has done here ?

Set my Ram speed to 1600MHz
Manually set DRAM to 6,8,6,24,1
Manually set DRAM Voltage to 1.425v

My RAM stock timing is 9 9 9 24, should I set this or go lower? I am pretty clueless regarding RAM to be honest.

Associate
My RAM stock timing is 9 9 9 24, should I set this or go lower? I am pretty clueless regarding RAM to be honest.

Same as mine, I was advised that I could try 8 8 8 24 but if there are no issues then to leave it as it is as it's not big deal. I haven't touched it yet and only plan to do so if i have instability at 4.6Ghz once I get that far.

Back
Top Bottom