Sanity check - Ryzen 3600 build

Soldato
OP
All ordered now the board is in stock. A bit of upwards drift on prices (cursed brexit and exchange rates) but still just under £650 with my free shipping. Delivery tomorrow, friday 13th :eek:

@ED209 I specifically wanted that board because it works with Ryzen 3 out of the box. Alternatives seemed to be spending quite a bit more on an X570 board, faffing around borrowing a CPU to flash BIOS or paying overclockers to upgrade the BIOS (see this bundle).

Thanks all for the comments.

Soldato
All ordered now the board is in stock. A bit of upwards drift on prices (cursed brexit and exchange rates) but still just under £650 with my free shipping. Delivery tomorrow, friday 13th :eek:

@ED209 I specifically wanted that board because it works with Ryzen 3 out of the box. Alternatives seemed to be spending quite a bit more on an X570 board, faffing around borrowing a CPU to flash BIOS or paying overclockers to upgrade the BIOS (see this bundle).

Thanks all for the comments.
Enjoy building it and have fun

Soldato
Did you go for the same as me? Msi tomahawk Max and ryzen 3600. See my post about the wraith heatsink. Its still fine though. Im looking forward to getting it all up and running.

Soldato
OP
Did you go for the same as me? Msi tomahawk Max and ryzen 3600. See my post about the wraith heatsink. Its still fine though. Im looking forward to getting it all up and running.

Yeah - I noticed your post last night after I'd ordered. It all arrived a few hours ago and I'm hoping to put it together tonight or over the weekend. I was wondering whether to go with an aftermarket cooler but decided to start with the stock one and see how noisy it was before spending more.

Soldato
At least you wont get a little surprise like i did. You can take the fan shroud off or apparently its ok to have it resting on heatsink but i didnt want to do that. I am gonna try stock cooler first also.

Back
Top Bottom