• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire Vega 56 freezes bios

Associate
Afternoon

just spent my afternoon trying to figure this out. Upgraded PSU and installed a Vega 56 but with it installed and running my pc will just freeze on bios won't go any further. I put in the old gfx card boots up no problem.

PC Model - HP H81270ae
Mobo - IPIS8-CH2
CPU - i7-2600 3.4
PSU - EVGA 750 GQ

Was already on the latest BIOS ver 7.12 that I could find. As I said soon as a reinstall old card boots fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Associate
This is a 10 year old motherboard that was designed by HP to go into office's. Having a quick google you are not the only one having problems with this motherboard working with newer graphics cards. If it's on the latest bios. The only thing I would suggest would be to got into the bios settings and see if there is any mention of pci express settings and try different ones. You have nothing to loose. The only other thing to try would be a another motherboard from Asus, MSI which are much more orientated to gamers. Although you will have to by second hand which could have its own problems and these will also be 10 years old. Sorry to give you bad news. It could be time for an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom