SAT@Home february challenge 17th - 24th FEB

PDW

PDW

Associate
Wasn't sure how much we were pushing here if people might be swapping to Enigma next week when that one starts before this one ends ?

Still pushing on Sztaki to get a buffer, even though TSBT have slowed SetiKah are still putting out good numbers. Was a problem to get work for it but have worked out how to do that so should be able to return to it if I stop for SAT ?

Looks like cineon is still just using his tablet and laptop, wonder whether he'll wait till the weekend (or later ?) before switching on the desktop :eek:

Soldato
OP
So far so good, but the russia teams lead is getting bigger

So far today 69 members on their team have returned work in contrast to just 6 on our team :eek:

Wasn't sure how much we were pushing here if people might be swapping to Enigma next week when that one starts before this one ends ?

Still pushing on Sztaki to get a buffer, even though TSBT have slowed SetiKah are still putting out good numbers. Was a problem to get work for it but have worked out how to do that so should be able to return to it if I stop for SAT ?

If you think it will make a difference catching the team above I'd say yes, otherwise no, we are slowly pulling away from the team behind us, plus it would be nice to be ahead of you in the personal stats for a change ;) I struggled to get work for sztaki, the only other thing I know to try is to use a 3rd party piece of software to help get work, is that what you've been doing?
Looks like cineon is still just using his tablet and laptop, wonder whether he'll wait till the weekend (or later ?) before switching on the desktop :eek:

I think most of their team are bunkering up for enigma, besides I know they have some big hitters but unless he's like mumps I don't think there's much to worry about (famous last words? :D)

PDW

PDW

Associate
If you think it will make a difference catching the team above I'd say yes, otherwise no, we are slowly pulling away from the team behind us, plus it would be nice to be ahead of you in the personal stats for a change ;) I struggled to get work for sztaki, the only other thing I know to try is to use a 3rd party piece of software to help get work, is that what you've been doing?

I think most of their team are bunkering up for enigma, besides I know they have some big hitters but unless he's like mumps I don't think there's much to worry about (famous last words? :D)
I'd probably only double what I'm doing which I doubt would be enough to overtake them, I'll let you have this one :), though I think you should be more worried about the light shining in your rear view mirror :D

Was it Denis when cineon just turned up halfway through the challenge overtook everyone and could have stopped a day or two early and still won it ?

As far as I can tell the russians are happier with the project stats going through the roof rather than they are being in first place !

I did for one Windows box, but they seem better at staying connected once they have work. It was ubuntu boxes that struggled but don't need a special program for that now :)

Soldato
OP
I'm giving it everything, though 2 of my machines are on Linux and looking at the comparative run times, this project seems to favour Windows. Not worth changing OS now, plus on my big rig with windows, the CPU affinity on boinc is all over the place.

Associate
That doesn't sound right at all, would have thought at least half that time.
Are temps okay ?

Temps are around 60 degrees. I think its something to do with esxi but its running some other stuff so I can't just put windows on it. I'll try messing with how many vcpu's it has and see if it makes a difference.

Just put Windows on a spare hdd and the estimates are showing 5 hours which is a lot better just need to figure out how to mount vmdk drives in Windows.

Got a server 2012 vm set up and it seems to be working wish I noticed this at the start of the challenge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom