Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Lots of talking points. The main concern is Max's driving continuing to be desperate and rash.
I disliked the "offers" placed publicly over the radio. I feel the red flag was completely overkill for that barrier repair and being able to change tyres is unfair. Too much is put down to luck and lottery, especially on a track like this.

It's spectacular to watch high speed street circuits but it's frustrating to watch as literally no rhythm could be got by the leaders as we had vsc and SC every few laps. I'm not sure the design of a closed circuit like this is worth the spectacle over practicality to have a good, fair flag to flag race.

Horner aggressively saying to Damon after the race "as you well know Damon.." basically saying Max is a better driver as he's faster in sector 1, and Lewis is only faster due to the Merc engine being better in sector 2 and 3 lol. The stuff that comes out that guys mouth is laughable.

This weekend has again highlighted how almost everyone is tired of toxic Redbull and Max now, apart from Paul Di Resta. The crowd boo Max a lot. Max's driving is disgusting. His attitude is a disgrace. He used the air time to moan about penalties being more of a talking point than the racing. Horner putting in comments about atleast the fans have your back unlike the FIA, as somehow he got driver of the day. Max doesn't yield. He doesn't event give the place back without trying to immediately grab it back or gain from it. He is a dirty, cheating bad loser.

Totally agree. What little respect I had for him has entirely evaporated now. He is a petulant cheater.

Caporegime
There were no lights on his wheel or on track to indicate this at all.

There were a number of contributors here to the whole incident, yes things could have been avoided but we can spend all day analysing and play out every single scenario.

It's still prudent not to breeze past someone coming out of a corner if you are not sure why that car has slowed down so much.

Max's behaviour was ridiculous.

Associate
There were no lights on his wheel or on track to indicate this at all.

There were a number of contributors here to the whole incident, yes things could have been avoided but we can spend all day analysing and play out every single scenario.

we now have evidence that Max braked suddenly just before they collided.

Associate
And plenty of visual evidence to know a collision could have been avoided too.

Not according to the stewards who have said Max was “predominantly” at fault.

I get your argument (similar to Di Resta) is why didn’t Hamilton pass him… as many of us have told you, you would be so cautious going past someone you wasn’t expecting to be that slow and has played dirty throughout the race (season).

Soldato
And plenty of visual evidence to know a collision could have been avoided too.

Yeah, because Hamilton would gain advantage from smashing his car into Verstappen and both of them going out of the race. Oh no, that's Max that would want a crash to take them both out.

Amazing the number of people that seem to think that Hamilton somehow did this to improve his chances in the WDC, when it's the potentially the worst thing he could do, and the best thing for Max.

It's not difficult to guess motivation by asking yourself "who benefits?"

Caporegime
Does Horner have some kind of kinky video or pictures Masi is involved in?

I think the FIA are just desperate for Max to win the championship.

I'm not normally one for the conspiracy theories but after the last few races, the alternative explanations are getting weaker and weaker...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What’s it going to take for a driver to get disqualified from a race? I literally have no idea anymore.

(for the record I’m not suggesting max should be DQ’d but these non-punishments are a joke).

Soldato
Not according to the stewards who have said Max was “predominantly” at fault.

I get your argument (similar to Di Resta) is why didn’t Hamilton pass him… as many of us have told you, you would be so cautious going past someone you wasn’t expecting to be that slow and has played dirty throughout the race (season).

When have we ever taken the stewards decisions as gospel? The level of inconsistency from them over the years has been comical, that’s in favour and also against most of the teams on the grid, this just highlights it more.

Who knows what they would have penalised him with if Lewis did just go past and he hit him as he went by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom