Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
True, but it was still a warning though, so not totally blameless.

If we're being really picky, it was a message to say he was close to receiving a warning.

For something that quite frankly, i'm amazed is anywhere near to a warning at all but as ever, if the FIA can do one thing consistently, it's be inconsistent.

Soldato
Max never said he “break tested” him. He braked to avoid the DRS line because he would have given Lewis DRS plus the lead had he not applied the brakes the way he did. He deserved the penalty but it was the minimum penalty he could receive and tbh given how much drama and accusations had been going from both teams it’s probably for the best.

I’m sorry this upsets you but trying to force your opinion onto me/others because you strongly feel this way about something is absurd. Unless you can prove without reasonable doubt Max with intent set out to crash into another driver for personal gain I’m never going to believe that, on the other hand I can’t prove my opinion on this and you’re free to disagree with my take too. That said before someone considers bringing up and 80s and 90s events they were clearly deliberate and very different.

That's what Max does. He always has an excuse, some plausible deniability. He never admits to anything, but somehow it's always him involved, it's always the other driver's fault. There's no way a F1 driver in one of the top teams for the last five years doesn't know how to handle a car or how to let someone by safely. He's not going to admit to a brake test, but he did it anyway with a feeble excuse.

BTW, I'm not "forcing my opinion on you". If you don't like a discussion of opposing points of view, then don't enter discussion forums. Sorry if this upsets you that I and many others aren't willing to give Max the benefit of the doubt when he's proved time and time again he doesn't deserve it, and you can see easily see his intentions by looking at his actions.

Permabanned
If we're being really picky, it was a message to say he was close to receiving a warning.

For something that quite frankly, i'm amazed is anywhere near to a warning at all but as ever, if the FIA can do one thing consistently, it's be inconsistent.

I don't see it as being picky at all, a warning is a warning, official or not. But I can agree the FIA are inconsistent, that's normal for them unfortunately.

Soldato
I don't see it as being picky at all, a warning is a warning, official or not. But I can agree the FIA are inconsistent, that's normal for them unfortunately.

Being told you're close to a warning, isn't a 'warning' itself and is an important distinction in a conversation where it's being held up as if it somehow creates some sort of equivalence in their behaviour and it's just them both 'giving as good as they got', which is patently nonsense.

Soldato
That's what Max does. He always has an excuse, some plausible deniability. He never admits to anything, but somehow it's always him involved, it's always the other driver's fault. There's no way a F1 driver in one of the top teams for the last five years doesn't know how to handle a car or how to let someone by safely. He's not going to admit to a brake test, but he did it anyway with a feeble excuse.

BTW, I'm not "forcing my opinion on you". If you don't like a discussion of opposing points of view, then don't enter discussion forums. Sorry if this upsets you that I and many others aren't willing to give Max the benefit of the doubt when he's proved time and time again he doesn't deserve it, and you can see easily see his intentions by looking at his actions.

Max does always have an excuse I agree with that, I'm not disagreeing with most of the things people say about him and have made my thoughts clear in the last few pages. I don't believe anyone is trying to crash into each other, neither did Max come out to the media and tell the word he brake tested Lewis.

With that said, a lot of people feel the telemetry shows Max braking suddenly due to the DRS line and have taken that as Max with intent wanting to hit another driver, that's fine. I can appreciate this perspective even if I see if differently with Max wanting to avoid giving Lewis DRS and the overtake, it makes a lot more sense to me.

I have no problem talking or giving my own opinion with anyone, my post history shows that. People feel so strongly about a subject they get passive aggressive over it, I don't need to clutch magic pearls because my take is different :)

Soldato
Being told you're close to a warning, isn't a 'warning' itself and is an important distinction in a conversation where it's being held up as if it somehow creates some sort of equivalence in their behaviour and it's just them both 'giving as good as they got', which is patently nonsense.
Very true.

FWIW I'm one of the most anti-Max people on here but I don't think he brake tested Hamilton to take him out. I think he is a petulant child that couldn't stand the fact he had to let Lewis past, so in the first instance made it difficult (middle of the road, weaved, half on the racing line), then realised Lewis wouldn't be past him before the DRS line - so slammed on the brakes to try and make sure he was passed him, to get the DRS himself. He timed it badly and weaved into Lewis again and that's where we ended up.

Soldato
Is there any history or precedence of other punishments dished out for this particular article that you know of? I can't see anything obvious on Google which would back up the Stewards assertion that 10 seconds is the standard penalty for 'this type of incident', it seems hard to find much/anything that has been dealt with under the same article.
Closest thing I can think of is when Hamilton brake tested Vettel.

Soldato
:p

trollin.gif

Last edited:
Associate
Who remembers when Grosjean got a race ban after do stupid stuff at Renault? I can't see anything else forcing Max to calm it down and display some race craft.

His chopping up Lewis also caused the 3 car pile up for the second red flag as it forced everyone to bunch up at the first corners in a way that hadn't happened on the original start. If I was Perez I would have been livid with my "teammate".

Soldato
I wonder if Merc will appeal so the stewards can pretend they are doing a great job by making it say 15 seconds instead of 10, to still cause no difference to the result and tick some further boxes internally. :)
Am I correct in saying that if they made it 20, he would slip behind Bottas in final results?
That would be something at least. What we want is Max to not go in level to the final race. Level is the same as being ahead by a point due to countback wins. This is major, as Max can be Max and drive very aggressively knowing he is actually ahead and will win if both DNF.

Toto actually said he doubts they will be in with the stewards really since what can they really gain, or words to that effect. Can you imagine if this was reversed and Lewis brake tested Max? Horner would be unpacking his Uzi 9mm from the back of the Van and hunting Lewis and his family down, whilst shouting "2.4G" and "Get me the Sky team".

Soldato
There's no new evidence to base an appeal on.
True. Remind me.... he got a 5 second for leaving the track and gaining an advantage during the race. Then he got a 10 second one for the brake test but that was applied retrospectively after the race? It's all honestly a blur now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom