Scooter &/or motorbike clothing - safe and effective

Soldato
Do such things exist that keep you warm dry and protected with usual clothes underneath? I could just get changed when I get to uni I suppose.

Soldato
Do such things exist that keep you warm dry and protected with usual clothes underneath? I could just get changed when I get to uni I suppose.

Just get a pair of kelvar jeans.
Comfortable enough to wear all day walking around and get some waterproof trousers that can slip over the top.
Some nice boots are nice warm and comfy
tshirt + a zip up will keep you warm + a proper textile jacket over the top.

When I get to work I take my helmet gloves and jacket off, everything else stays as its comfortable.

Caporegime
I used to wear motorcross overtrousers and take em off at work,but they didn't offer much protection and little weather/waterproofness

best to get some proper textile trousers with knee/hip armour in them,then just keep spare jeans/trousers in a rucksack and change em when you get there

you'll be a lot warmer than wearing regular clothes and thin waterproofs

Soldato
Textiles go over your normal clothes. Well, mine do! :confused:

Normal jeans under my textile bottoms, and 1 or 2 layers plus a thin fleece or hoody if it's really cold under my jacket. I get to work, off come the textiles and my work clothes are underneath.

Soldato
Can get away with a lot less if the journeys only a short one.
Yeah, because getting smacked off your bike at 60mph while just outside your house is far less damaging than getting smacked off when you're miles away from home, right...?

More accidents happen within a couple miles of your home, because people think they know the roads and get complacent.

Knocked off is knocked off, regardless of how far you have to travel.

I actually just change when I get to work, but most of the riders here wear slightly oversized kit over their normal business-wear. Also helps in Winter as you have room for underlayers, jumpers, hoodies and the like.

Man of Honour
Yeah, because getting smacked off your bike at 60mph while just outside your house is far less damaging than getting smacked off when you're miles away from home, right...?

More accidents happen within a couple miles of your home, because people think they know the roads and get complacent.

Knocked off is knocked off, regardless of how far you have to travel.

I'm pretty sure 4T5 just means less layers and waterproof gear rather than just rocking around in a t-shirt, flip flops and shorts.

There's no way I'd want to put my textiles over my office wear even in this weather I still end up really warm in my gear and that's with all the thermal linings taken out.
I'd be a horrible sweaty mess if I wore my shirt and trousers underneath, much nicer to stick them in my pack and just do a quick change when I get to the office.

Man of Honour
Works fine for me. How can you get sweaty in this weather?! What gear are you using?

Buffalo pacific trousers and Buffalo retro jacket, I just generally run at 100 degrees all year round. Even when it dropped to below zero last week I was lovely and warm just in my jacket, trousers and a t shirt.

Man of Honour
I wish I could stay warm in just that, Microfleece goes on at around 5 degrees and the thermal base layers go on at less than 0 brrrr chilly.

It's a double edged sword, as soon as it hits 10 degrees like it has the last 2 days I'm sweating.
I'm going to have to look for the lightest most vented kit I can find come summer.

Back
Top Bottom