Scum of the Earth - Assault pair celebrate after escaping prison

Soldato
so lack of control = lack of responsibility?

Of course not, and that's not what Fox is saying.

There is a big difference between a premeditated act and one done in the heat of the moment, you are responsible for your actions in both situations but sentencing reflects the difference.

It's not like these guys got off scott free either, they just didn't get a custodial sentence.

Soldato
What the hell is wrong with some of our judges?

For quite some time now i have felt that Judges need to be held more accountable for the sentences they pass. And the ones who are overly and persistently lenient (and there are some bleeding heart ones) should be struck off like a doctor can

Associate
Of course not, and that's not what Fox is saying.

There is a big difference between a premeditated act and one done in the heat of the moment, you are responsible for your actions in both situations but sentencing reflects the difference.

It's not like these guys got off scott free either, they just didn't get a custodial sentence.

maybe it was too early but I just wanted the point clarified, and I'm not going to derail the thread on the effectiveness of tagging.

Associate
[TW]Fox;21084234 said:
Of course not. There is responsibility, hence the main perpetrator beng jailed for GBH.

But lack of control leads to things you didn't neccesarily intend. Hence not attempted murder.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Caporegime
Yeah tbh this guy pictured just looks like a normal dude.

Was probably caught up in the moment with a rather bad "friend"

Not saying it was right at all, I hate violence, but the papers do reallllly try and put a spin on it.

Looks like a chav in a suit tbh...

Tis hardly normal to start celebrating after being given a community order for your part in nearly killing an innocent man. if he really was remorseful and just got caught up in it as per his Barristers argument then throwing his hands up in the air and squaring up to photographers isnt the normal reaction you'd expect. A public apology to the guy they hospitalised for a month would be normal.

Chav scum tbh...

Caporegime

Custodial sentence ought to be given to all of the attackers in a situation like this, where the victim ends up in hospital for a month. I really think we need better laws to deal with gang attacks - as is currently being discussed for gang murders. The reality is that if it were just the one guy attacking him he might have been able to get away or defend himself - the whole group had a part to play in this and 'joint enterprise' should really IMHO apply to serious GBH cases like this too.

Associate
Yeah tbh this guy pictured just looks like a normal dude.

Was probably caught up in the moment with a rather bad "friend"

Not saying it was right at all, I hate violence, but the papers do reallllly try and put a spin on it.

Lol are you serious? He got 'caught up in the moment' and helped kick a man half to death...how are the papers putting any sort of 'spin' on this.

Would hate to know you...you might get a bit excited and kick me in the kidneys :(.

Man of Honour
OP
I think I heard on the radio the other day that UK prisons are almost full. Perhaps they are just being selective to who they send away for now.

Well that is incredibly disturbing as innocent people will end up paying for it in the end. :(

Commissario
Well that is incredibly disturbing as innocent people will end up paying for it in the end. :(

It's what happens when you have a government that for years was closing prisons without looking at the number of people being put away, or the number of new prisons being built (it's a huge surprise when you take away spaces, whilst adding more prisoners that you end up with a shortage of available places).

Unfortunately, it's also happening with power generation, no one seems to be that concerned that whilst we're putting up lots of silly, small "green" power sources, we're shutting down major power stations at a time when energy consumption is going up, without any new ones under construction.

Politicians tend to look at the short term, and the short term is that putting away more people is good for the public image, cutting costs by disposing of old prisons is good for the public image, building new prisons however is not normally popular (especially not with the people who live near the suggested sites).

Man of Honour
OP
I don't see what the issue with living fairly near a prison is, I imagine the escape rate is astronomically low?

Man of Honour
Depends on the category Robbo.

You can literally walk out of a cat d. Your maximum security such as Frankland and Belmarsh are just about escape proof while cat b is still high security with cat c being closed but with less security.

Perhaps some of our HMP workers here could tell us more ?

Man of Honour
OP

You can literally walk out of a cat d. Your maximum security such as Frankland and Belmarsh are just about escape proof while cat b is still high security with cat c being closed but with less security.

My uncle is an officer in a Cat C prison, he doesn't really speak much about it though. I'll ask him when I next see him.

Permabanned

you can just walk out of an open cat D prison as it has no walls, but to leave you have to be licensed and if not its classed as an abscond and not an escape

Anything cat C and above would need serious help from people outside, most escape attempts are when prisoners are outside of the prison at hospital or court.
I haven't heard of an actual escape from within the walls.

Caporegime
Some gangster escaped a few decades ago in a helicopter which landed on the prison sports field. I think escapes are fairly rare as mentioned above, and it's not like the escapees are going to want to hang round in the immediate area anyway.

I used to live near two prisons in Holloway, can't say it was something that ever concerned me.

Soldato

I remember my brother in law showing me the one he worked in on the Isle of Sheppey(don't know the spelling) a category A, there was no way anyone was getting out of there in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom