• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

SCUM The Game - Survival

Associate
I got a refund as the game just bored the life out of me.. running simulator..
Yeah I had another go, got more loot etc. but it's so boring overall, not even a game here at the moment really. Got my refund even after playing more than 2 hours, phew.

Associate
Anyone playing 4k do not attempt this game yet,

I have tried for over 2 hours to get it to play, the problem started when i changed to 4k resolution my screen was stuck in a zoomed state from this i could not revert back to the last settings.

I uninstalled re-downloaded and the problem was still there, there is apparently some sort of fix a copy and past file a hour later was still trying to find the folder on windows 10, i have given up so just requested a refund what a shame not a good start.

Caporegime
its not for everyone . i would say if you considering this take a look at guides or first looks on it. to see how to do some of the basics. its quite indepth and realistically in 2 hrs you cant get to know what you need to in such a short time. in these kinda games it should be raised 5-6 hrs. cant see steam ever changing this though.

Soldato
Seems to me unless you do PvP there not much to do.
The survival part there not much you can do right now.

And the PvP part same as pubg from what I have seen.
Shoot anything that moves and loot...

Also no server files so you have to rent for private co-op game, just money grab from the Devs that is.

I was really looking forward to this game but will have to wait until more features are in and server files released.

Soldato
its not for everyone . i would say if you considering this take a look at guides or first looks on it. to see how to do some of the basics. its quite indepth and realistically in 2 hrs you cant get to know what you need to in such a short time. in these kinda games it should be raised 5-6 hrs. cant see steam ever changing this though.

I got a refund after playing over 8 hours of Conan Exiles, granted I went into some depth on my request about just how bad it was. I've had refunds on a few others games with close to 5 hours play each. it is reviewed by a human on a case by case basis.

Won't be refunding this though, love it...playing just to...well, survive :D

Caporegime
I got a refund after playing over 8 hours of Conan Exiles, granted I went into some depth on my request about just how bad it was. I've had refunds on a few others games with close to 5 hours play each. it is reviewed by a human on a case by case basis.

Won't be refunding this though, love it...playing just to...well, survive :D

yeah each person is different. some will love it some wont like it. i dont mind who plays it or dont plays it. i got a little narky earlier with booyaka about it trying to explain some game mechanics. i think ideally devs in these kinda game need to explain and have tutorials ready for launch. it helps them and players and sales . which results in a better experience for all players. i was getting ****** kinda explaining basics over and over. which the game ideally should do.

at the start you need to put in hrs to find out what the basics are. if you die in that period after looting for a few hrs its gunna put some off. as you obviously just wasted hrs doing so. there is some mechanics ingame to stop this or help but its not really clear. tutorials are ideally needed.

one big tip i would give new players especially if joining a group is get some fame earned straight away. you can do this by chopping down bushes ( yes i know it sounds stupid ) or killing zombies or whatever. this is incase you die early on after a few hrs. then atleast you can spawn in a certain area or sector. so you dont get ****** on respawn in.

Soldato
I started off with you guys last night but the chat became chaotic so dropped out and buddied up with a friend, still on the same server though ;)

We looted a bit, hunted some animals, built a shelter, cooked up the meat and did a bit of exploration. Found some military tents way out in the middle of nowhere without the slightest hints on the map which was cool.

Only thing I really want to see soon is base building, apart from that loads in the game to keep me occupied for a few weeks at least.

Associate
im on the edge with this. i wish there was more positives around the game to make me bite the bullet... ive other games i want and im trying to cut back on impulse buys, so need to be 100% on this!

i know ill enjoy it, but not sure if that will last long term.

keep on posting everyone :D

Caporegime
seems a lot of people are crying about teleporting players around the net.

It makes me wonder if they are 3rd person peeking... you can't be behind a rock etc and use 3rd person to peek because you won't see that player if you couldn't see them in first person, but you can still see zombies, mechs etc which I guess people would find confusing.
if your graphics are low and you don't see the grass, the person inside the grass is still stealthed as far as the game is concerned so they are invisible to you.

people complaining about lack of action should probably keep an eye out for the events and head to them if they want to kill players.

The game really needs loading tips for how to use can openers, lighters etc because it's not intuitive

Caporegime
yes tutorials ingame would help players.then again by taking time to learn and survive you do get a experience from it which not many other games offer.

Soldato
I am enjoying the single player mode(I don't play online) so far.

I will buy Green Hell and play that till they update Scum a bit more.

You are enjoying it how so ? I had this marked on my wishlist for the singleplayer aspect as I`m not bothered about online and was wondering whether to buy it especially at a reasonable price (see that other thread about someone wanted games to be £80....) it could be one of those games I buy and leave it for a year till its been patched to death and then try it. Think I might take a punt.

Caporegime
You are enjoying it how so ? I had this marked on my wishlist for the singleplayer aspect as I`m not bothered about online and was wondering whether to buy it especially at a reasonable price (see that other thread about someone wanted games to be £80....) it could be one of those games I buy and leave it for a year till its been patched to death and then try it. Think I might take a punt.
there's not much to do in single player but explore, gear up and kill zombies.

online is about the same but with other players.

mostly pvp seems to be when the events go off in a certain zone or at the airfield and gearing up is pretty easy if you don't be a town dweller looking for grammas shotgun.
It's definitely a game to be played with other people in the same world.

map is massssiiivvvve so you can pretty much choose not to encounter people if you wish and there's so many military sites on the map that they unlikely to be a centre of conflict or greifing

The things you likely want just aren't in the game yet
EARLY ACCESS ROADMAP

FEATURES IN CURRENT GAME
The following features are available in the game as it is available now. Please continue to check this area and the Steam forums for updates to featuresets and additions through the Early Access period.

Multiplayer & Single Player Support
Network Events [Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Cargo Assault]
NPCs [Drones, Sentry Robots, Puppets]
Domestic and Wild Animals
Weather + Day Time Simulation
Three Environment Types [Mediterranean, Continental Europe, Dinaric Alps]
Advanced Metabolism System
Inventory System
RPG Character Customization
Basic Visual Character Customization [Tattoos]
Character Leveling System [Experience Points]
Basic Crafting System [Skill Based]
Basic Movement System + Vaulting
Basic Combat System [Unarmed, Melee Weapons, Firearms]
Fully Realistic Bullet Physics
Animal Tracking and Hunting System
Basic Fame Point System
Basic Team System
Basic Shelter Respawn System
Voice Chat

FEATURES PLANNED FOR VERSION 1.0
The following features are not yet in SCUM and are planned as a part of the Early Access period. The timing and depth of these features are subject to change base on community feedback and development realities.

Metanarrative Gameplay [Primary / Secondary Missions, Side Quests, End Game Content]
Functional Vehicles + Different Vehicle Types
Female Characters
Fortifications/Bases Functional
Safe Zones Implemented
Advanced Visual Character Customization
Advanced Combat System [Martial Arts + Improved Weapons Control and Movement]
All Soft Skills and Skill Levels Fully Implemented
Advanced Crafting System
Rebellion Experience System
Advanced NPC and Animal AI
Additional NPC and Wildlife Sets
Advanced Team Mechanics
Additional Network Events
Advanced Fame Point System
Additional Weapons and Gear
Larger Urban Areas
the price is only going to go up as they add more stuff so you might wan't to just buy it whilst it's cheap anyway.

you probably still get a good ammount of hours just roaming around checking out the map

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom