Sea of Thieves or Far Cry 5

Soldato
SoT is not really a single player game even though you can play it that way so online or not may decide it for you.

FC5 myself but no co-op or whatever FC5 has as I don't play online much now.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
far cry 5 if i was forced to pick between the two but i would wait a few weeks to see how it is with it being ubisoft.

Associate
FWIW I did have some great times as a tester in SoT but it could be hit or miss at other times and I'll be holding off a little before purchasing (also was hoping for some discount given the testing I got involved in :D)

Soldato
Depends what type of games you enjoy and if you will be playing solo.

Personally I think both will be great, you can get a microsoft game pass trial and try sea of thieves before you spend a lot money on it, I think that will shine with 3 other friends and going around as a group - i'm not sure solo will appeal to a lot of people and while it has matchmaking, you might get decent people or you might get turds. Great world but remains to be seen what long term content it will have to offer.

Far cry is pretty much a known entity but will full story 2 player co-op and slightly more open world. I think solo it will be a solid 6/10 - good fps, some laughs but nothing really that new to the table, if you have a friend to go through it with, I think it will be a 9/10 for some of the crazy stupid missions.

Soldato
FC5 for sure.
Must admit I'm quite a fan of the series. Exploring an open world, shooting up some dumb troubled American's, what more to want to unwind? :D
I'll probably give it a few months for the game to be patched up a bit and maybe a better Sli experience.

Associate
Neither.

I'm sick to death of politics invading all of my favourite forms of media so Far Cry 5 is an absolute no go from me.

Sea Of Thieves will be ruined by gankers, guarantee it. I don't play these types of multiplayer shared world games anymore. I prefer straight up PVP or PVE rather than mixed environments.

Sorry for sounding so negative, I do actually have bags of fun playing co-op games. I bought Sniper Elite 3 on the cheap recently and gifted a copy to a good friend, we have a blast on that. I'm also buzzing about in PCars2 with my Rift and G920 wheel so that's great fun.

Man of Honour
Sea Of Thieves will be ruined by gankers, guarantee it. I don't play these types of multiplayer shared world games anymore. I prefer straight up PVP or PVE rather than mixed environments.

I dont actually think Sea of Thieves will be ruined by gankers, I suppose some would argue that a game about pirating is, in its very essence by definition, about ganking, however I dont think ganking will be all that much of an issue. You're not constantly running into other ships in it and ships are slow moving things, opportunities to gank are somewhat more limited. If anything the game may suffer from lack of content/boredom setting in more than ganking.

Associate
I dont actually think Sea of Thieves will be ruined by gankers, I suppose some would argue that a game about pirating is, in its very essence by definition, about ganking, however I dont think ganking will be all that much of an issue. You're not constantly running into other ships in it and ships are slow moving things, opportunities to gank are somewhat more limited. If anything the game may suffer from lack of content/boredom setting in more than ganking.
That's another of my concerns with the game and why I'm waiting on reviews and more videos of content post launch. I'm not completely turned off by the game but right now I can't justify the asking price based on what I've seen of it and what my gut is telling me.

Man of Honour
That's another of my concerns with the game and why I'm waiting on reviews and more videos of content post launch. I'm not completely turned off by the game but right now I can't justify the asking price based on what I've seen of it and what my gut is telling me.

I agree with you regarding price, I played in all the alphas and betas and what I saw, whilst relatively enjoyable, didnt contain enough content for me to justify the pricetag. I'll be keeping an eye on it and see how decently its doing in a month or two before making a decision.

Back
Top Bottom