Seagate Pushbutton Backup 300GB External Firewire/USB 2.0 8MB problem

Soldato
My daughter took my usb cable from this hd the other day to use with her printer,today i fire up this drive and get a error from windows saying there is a problem,im thinking the cable has been damaged some how,when i plug the cable into my pc hub the light comes on the goes off again after a few seconds.

Before this my drive always work fine.

Thx.

Soldato
OP
So far ive tryed it on the mb and usb hub and nothing,rung my daughter up and shes told me that her printer wouldnt work also,so it may be the cable after all,ive ordered one from the shop.

Soldato
interesting, whats the error your getting? as i too am getting a problem with my external hard drive when i connect and again i think it's the cable, i'l be testing out my other usb2.0 cable in a bit :)

Soldato
check the pastic inside the cable plugs are not damaged, also check the pins have not come loose and that there no kinks in the wires.

I'd also try another cable first incase the drive is damaged

Soldato
When i had this problem with an external drive I ripped the bugger open and found a peice of metal was shorting the connection (sounds weird I know) but i removed it and worked fine ever since. :) Wouldnt suggest it if its still under warranty but mine wasnt! :D

Soldato
OP
Problem sovled got my hacking tools oot and took the hd oot and it`s ok,must have been the control board,only problem is my DS3 only has one ide.

Just waiting for DFI to bring oot their new conroe board`s now.

Back
Top Bottom