Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850W vs Prime Ultra Gold 850W vs Prime Ultra Titanium 850W

Associate
Sorry for the delayed reply, I have checked and the EU big boss man at Antec is on it now, we were behind on emails due to annual leave and sick leave in our RMA team, but it is being dealt with today.
Hi

Thanks again for getting back to me.
No worries about delays, understand that. Good news I've been emailed today from Antec as you anticipated.
I sent a video of the noise, will see.
I'd like to say that the Psu is a rock performer, I've been playing most demanding games and for few hours, continuously power no gaps, very pleased whit that :)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for producing that list it is interesting.

I actually own all these, in a comedy moment I took a photo of box's last month!
http://www.crewealexandracricketclub.co.uk/images/seasonicSmall.jpg

No connection to Seasonic, just have lots of computers in my house and like their PSU's. I often have computers running in another room 24/7 and trust Seasonics not to burn my house down!

Never had a noise issue with any of mine, but other then the G series all use Sanyo Denki San Ace 120, incidentally just looked how much those fans cost, retail on them is around 25 pound, no wonder Seasonic stopped using them!

If the OP is reading this, that P series I linked to might be a good choice due to the Sanyo Denki fan that's in it.

Yeah the seasonics I've had in the past have used those fans and they are superb! I've just picked up a P2 for another build I'm doing. I hope when it comes to getting another PSU Seasonic would have dropped the Hong Hua grindy fans as they've always been rock solid Psus. Alternatively id like to see hot swappable fans

@pastymuncher thanks for taking the time to create that list! Very helpful.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the seasonics I've had in the past have used those fans and they are superb! I've just picked up a P2 for another build I'm doing. I hope when it comes to getting another PSU Seasonic would have dropped the Hong Hua grindy fans as they've always been rock solid Psus. Alternatively id like to see hot swappable fans

@pastymuncher thanks for taking the time to create that list! Very helpful.

Related to all this. I've noticed that the older X Series and P Series, they had a MTTF of 150,000 hours. The Seasonic Focus range have 100,000 hours, however the Seasonic Primes have MTTF of 150,000 like the older older mentioned units.

I reckon those MTTF figures are a good indication of the quality, so in the future I will stick with Seasonic PSU's with the 150,000 MTTF on them, and I expect those units will also come with better quality fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom