Seasonic RMA experience

Associate
Thought I'd post about a recent SeaSonic RMA experience, this was a Seasonic SSR-550FX with 10 years warranty.

I'm not the original owner of this, original sale June 2018, and bought by me in March 2024.

Timeline:

August 4th - raised RMA request on Seasonic's website, writing that I tried to swap the PSU to a known working machine and it still didn't work
August 4th - 6 hours later on a Sunday morning, they accept the RMA and send me details as to where to post it
August 4th - I drop it off with Evri
August 7th - Evri tells me there is damage to the parcel... it wasn't insured and I thought I'd be SOL... I contact them to tell them to deliver anyway
August 9th - Evri claims delivery
August 13th - Seasonic sends email saying parcel received
August 13th - 2 hours 40 minutes later, Seasonic advises replacement on the way. They give me a FedEx tracking number.
August 13th - 2 hours later, FedEx has the parcel. It's in Germany, with an expected delivery date on Monday.

So far, kind of impressed.

Yeah agreed, had a good experience with seasonic RMA previously too.
As yours, mine was also a used PSU bought from MM with a seller-supplied proof of purchase

Last edited:
Nice to hear a good rma experience for a change :)
Yeah, I was genuinely impressed.. like, I had previously generally regarded as Seasonic as "too rich for me" and only bought it because it was a reasonable price preowned, but this experience has really sold me on them.

Great to hear. I love my Seasonic PSU. I just checked the box yesterday as I was putting some unused cables back in, and it actually has a 12 year warranty (stamped on box). Pretty good stuff that like. So far, 5 years of ownership, and smooth sailing. If I had to buy a PSU now, I'd be looking at something like this ATX3.1 range from Seasonic - https://seasonic.com/focus-gx-atx-3/ - due out in September.

Only one time I've had to use Seasonic RMA, that was over 10 years ago. X560 was the model IIRC. The Vendor gave me contact details and I had to send it to a private address, which I can only assume was the the UK Seasonic rep lived. I got an upgrade to an X650 but I didn't keep it. For I bought a first generation Focus 550 watter instead which ended up in one of my Nephews rigs.

Thank you for sharing - I always stuck with Corsair, but after their appalling AX860i saga I've no other issues. It still left bad taste though lol

Seasonic are ok if you have money to burn :) You can get other brand power supplies that are Seasonic made for less, or just buy something from CWT i.e. Corsair. Think they still have UK RMA ? Used to be in Bolton.

Also had a positive rma experiance, i had the focus 850 that came with ocuk germanium build. When i upgraded to a 3090 i was getting some transient load spikes and when i emailed seasonic they did an rma and upgraded me to 1000w unit.

Seasonic are ok if you have money to burn :) You can get other brand power supplies that are Seasonic made for less, or just buy something from CWT i.e. Corsair. Think they still have UK RMA ? Used to be in Bolton.
Well, the point was that I was impressed by their after sales service. If I went with a different vendor, I'd get a different after sales service.

Well, the point was that I was impressed by their after sales service. If I went with a different vendor, I'd get a different after sales service.
My post should be taken with a pinch of salt.

At least you didn't say 'Asus' :D

I have owned Seasonic units in the past, but fortunately have never had to return one.

Back
Top Bottom