• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Second hand price insanity!

Soldato
Got to Agree, i sold my 1080ti Strix a few days ago for £450 no issue ... the fact it went within an hour of me listing it up tells me demand is ridiculous or i should have listed it for more money ;) crazy times we are in :eek:

Wow! Where did you sell it? I’ve got one for sale... :p

Associate
My wife had an RX 570 and I had a spare RX 580, so gave her the 580 and put the 570 on auction, starting at £5.

It sold for £230 which I was amazed at. Given it was auction, someone obviously paid what they felt it was worth during this time. I am looking forward to prices settling back down, though. Need to build a computer for a friend - they want a (new) RTX 3070 but can't find them in stock anywhere and not sure how to get onto the OCUK waiting list

Associate
OP
One consequence of no gpu's is no sales of other components. Which i have noticed slowly going down in price. Well zen3 anyway a 5600x can be had for £280. Oops Just checked out of stock but they seem to have a steady flow! Also the 5800x has dropped about £30 over the last couple of weeks if you look around! pales in significance when compared to the GPU insanity though .

Soldato
My wife had an RX 570 and I had a spare RX 580, so gave her the 580 and put the 570 on auction, starting at £5.

It sold for £230 which I was amazed at. Given it was auction, someone obviously paid what they felt it was worth during this time. I am looking forward to prices settling back down, though. Need to build a computer for a friend - they want a (new) RTX 3070 but can't find them in stock anywhere and not sure how to get onto the OCUK waiting list

They're not taking pre-orders any more.

Caporegime
Just as well i checked ebay, had one of those £1 listings about to expire so set my listing up to start at 8 tonight :)

Found a 3070FE going for £600. Sealed and with receipt.

Would I get any warranty with that or should I leave it ?

Can be iffy to say the least, the receipt will be in his name and address, if anything goes wrong with the card it would be hard to get help with it unless the seller assists.

Associate
It's the miners. The price of bitcoin is at an all time high so people are going crazy trying to build mining rigs. Absolutely ridiculous situation. Mining sohuld be banned since it puts a huge load on electricity production as well as push prices up for pc components.I don't think Governments can get any tax out of it either.

no one gets anything out of it except those already invested, it's just a pyramid scheme. it doesn't create anything and burns energy by the gigawatt just to solve arbritrary hashes that only exist to take more and more GPU power to solve.

imagine what the field of medicine could've done with that kind of power.

Associate
Yeah if you have stuff to sell now it the time for sure! I've been selling my old build off, was going to anyway, but somehow managed to find the perfect timing. Sold my old i5 2012 motherboard for erm £70ish :) graphics card are making the most money, my 5700 XT wasn't far off paying for my 3070 FE! crazy times.

My brother-in-law bought my nephew a PS5 at scalper prices, apparently it sounded all legit, I personally would never do that though. Just gotta ride this out for a while.. no one knows exactly how long for.. which I suppose is where the problem lies!

Associate
Wow! Where did you sell it? I’ve got one for sale... :p

Sold it on Ebay mate as a buy it now , just had another look and they are going for around £450 to £480 currently so defiantly get it up for sale while they are flying off the shelf :D Had a look at the 2080ti Strix and they are all selling for around £800+ ... crazy times indeed :confused:

Soldato
It's been like this for years now. Best to sit back and wait. I have a 1080ti strix in my rig but that will be passed down to the boy once I can find a decent replacement. 3080 vram is too low and the 3090 price is too high.... May have to wait for the 4080..... Only about 5 years before I'll get one :D

Associate
OP
I use Facebook groups to sell things these days. Being in London i have a vast amount of people close enough to get rid of most stuff for cash . So no Ebay/paypal tax!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom