second hand raptor? worth it?

Associate
was gonna shell out around 50-75 quid for more storage, but then thought about buying some second hand old raptors.

obviously old raptors will be faster than the newer drives, but how much faster can expect bootup and game load times to be?

Soldato
Why not buy 2x Hitachi Deskstar 7K80 NCQ 80GB SATA-II 8MB put them in RIAD 0, if your mobo supports SATA II then you have nearly the same perfomance for less and more storage.

Soldato
We do have some B-Grade 74GB Raptors available. They work as well as any brand new drive but labelled refurbished. You can save yourself a little bit of money this way and have all the Raptor greatness.

We do have the original 74GB Raptor at a cracking price while stocks last as well. :)

Associate
I bought a pair of 75Gb second hand Raptors for my gaming pc in Raid0 and they are absolutely brilliant!

I mostly play BF2 and the load times have decreased dramatically. Get into the game before most people have so I can bag the prettiest vehicle that I want :D

I would recommend them. But like you say they are silly money per Gb. Depends how silly you are with your money I guess?!?!

Back
Top Bottom