Self identification, how far should it go?

Caporegime
As per title really. We're seeing people actively encouraged if they think they identify as a different gender or sexuality. Where are the limits to this?

Who determines what is acceptable and why?

Why is it if I identify as a rhinoceros I'm madman yet if I identify as a male on Tuesday's through Thursday, a pansexual of no defined gender on Friday and a gay woman on the weekend to Monday it's fine?

Should rules not be applied equally? Either you are what you actually biologically are or any of us can and should be allowed to be whatever we want!

Soldato
Wonders if OP is talking about the current social media storm about youtuber Trisha Paytas?

She's a female youtuber that promotes female products all the time on her channel. But because she feels she can identify with men more than women, she now thinks shes transgendger.

In her video these two lines she said right after each other highlights the confusion;

"Do I think I'm transgender? Yes I do a 1000%"

"Do I identify as my natural born gender? A 1000%"

Associate
Man of Honour
Well I’m sure there’s a limit when you’re actually identifying as a different species.

Why? It's now a legal requirement to at least pretend to believe that biology has nothing to do with biology and all that matters is self-identification, that a declaration is what defines biology with complete disregard for actual biology. There's no internally consistent reason to place limits on that. There's no significant difference between a male person being "female" by decree while actually remaining male or vice versa and a human being "rhinoceros" by decree while actually remaining human. Or a 6 feet tall person being "4 feet" tall by decree while actually remaining 6 feet tall or vice versa. Or whatever. If a decree about biology overrides actual biology, then that's what it does.

Soldato
I honestly thought a lot of this stuff was buried in the 80's and 90's. It's kind of fake now.

Who remembers the 90's 'is he gay' kind of thing?

Caporegime
People should be free to identify as whatever they want, it doesn't mean it necessitates legal recognition.

I mean if someone wants to play as an adult baby and identify as a 2 years old then that's fine, doesn't mean they can go enrol in an actual nursery.

If someone wants to be a furry and identify as another species then that's fine @FoxEye, doesn't mean he can take a dump in public in his local park.

Likewise if someone wants to identify as a different gender, like a man identifying as female, then that's fine, doesn't necessarily mean they should be in a women's prison if convicted of a crime or necessarily get access to a women's shelter, compete alongside actual females in sport etc.. they might get access to toilets and/or changing rooms etc..

Caporegime
Public service announcement @dowie

It's "otherkin" that identify as animals or dragon-squirrel-bats or whatever.

Furries are mostly humans who identify as humans who have their own interpretation of what "chasing tail" means.

Caporegime
Public service announcement @dowie

It's "otherkin" that identify as animals or dragon-squirrel-bats or whatever.

Furries are mostly humans who identify as humans who have their own interpretation of what "chasing tail" means.

Sorry, I probably have got it wrong and I'll accept your correction on faith, I'm not as familiar with it all as you perhaps are. :)

Caporegime
Sorry, I probably have got it wrong and I'll accept your correction on faith, I'm not as familiar with it all as you perhaps are. :)
My formative years were spent watching Cleo from Heathcliff, Thundercats, etc. The outcome was inevitable at that point.

KSeMvEL.gif

Back
Top Bottom