Selling tickets on via gogo

Soldato
Bring back the good old paper tickets. Me and a mate went to a gig last December and it was all ticketless ticketing with QR code BS. Anyway, we printed them off along with our covid passes to make entry into the venue seamless but oh no the hand held scanners at the venue couldn't read the QR codes on paper it had to be a mobile phone screen. I've never heard so much crap in my life.

The printed out QR codes scanned perfectly fine when we tried them with our own phones.

It worked out well in the end though as we got directed to the box office and all they did was give us proper paper tickets instead. Result.

Lol it kinda defeats the point of a ticketless qr code if you're just going to print it out. Is there any reason you couldn't just do it on your phone?

Soldato
OP
**bump**

Any leagal eagles about?

The gig i sold tickets for is coming up this Sunday, ticketmaster aren't releasing mobile tickets until 3 days before the event yet somehow viagogo want me to upload the tickets today or apparently the order will be cancelled and they will make me cover the costs of the buyers tickets. Can they legally force me to do that?

I've contacted them saying said tickets won't be avialble until Thursday, so hopefully they hold off with their threat.

Soldato
Hi guys, so I bumped into this thread while I was searching for a solution to my problem. I wanted to sell tickets for a football game in Italy. Someone have bought it but now I can't upload all of them to the viagogo site. The thing is I have 2 tickets and 2 receipts that confirms I transferred my tickets to the buyers (they need to show original tickets and these receipts at the gates), but viagogo doesn't let me upload more than 2 pdf pages. It thinks that I want to upload more than 2 tickets. Do you know if there is any solution for this?
Use Adobe Acrobat to combine files.

EDIT: Just seen that was from April. I'm sure this comment helped.

Associate
I accidentally ended up with 4 tickets to see Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Anyway, i put two on via gogo and they sold last night. Problem is these are mobile tickets and whilst there is an option to transfer the tickets to someone else on the ticketmaster app, viagogo won’t give me the buyers details. My only option is to upload a ticket pdf which i won’t have.

So, my idea is to upload a pdf with my contact details and ask them to contact me to arrange transfer hoping via gogo don’t catch on, i don’t lnow why they are being stubborn and withholding the details as it is. Anyone had a similar situation?
Hi mate how did you resolve this in the end I’m in the same situation now please could do with the help mate

Cheers

Soldato
With all the bad press about these ticket resellers which has been going around for the last 10 years it amazes me that people still use them for anything at all.

Soldato
OP
Hi mate how did you resolve this in the end I’m in the same situation now please could do with the help mate

Cheers
I did yea, via gogogo let me change ticket type to mobile. Although the tickets have changed to print at home annoyingly. Viaogo sent me the buyers details so i sent him the pdf, haven’t heard anything from him.

Hope he isn’t looking me up on social media so he recognizes me tomorrow ( got seats next to him) and has a moan about me selling tix to him 2x face value lol..

Associate
I’ve just had the same problem but finally found that you can change the ticket type on viagogo which will give you the buyers details. Thanks to the OP as I was searching for ages to find an answer

Back
Top Bottom