Senior police officer faces sack over 'whiter than white' remark

Caporegime
Sounds like they are on a slipper slo... oh wait, can't say slope, that's offensive too..
giphy.gif

Soldato
These are dark days for the met......

The IOPC investigating the police for corruption is like the kettle calling the pot black

I expect it will be a whitewash

Etc

Soldato
'An inquiry is believed to be running into an officer’s use of the phrase “pale, stale and male” in another force. A “good egg” is also thought to be discouraged in police ranks because it is deemed to be too closely associated with “egg and spoon”, rhyming slang for a highly offensive racist term.'

This is going to end well.
I've never heard 'pale stale and male', what does it mean?
and wtf is egg and spoon rhyming slang for?
eh? i'm clearly not clued up enough on my racism.

Soldato
Progessivism is cancer, and should be treated as such. There’s going to be major resistance to rolling this back as the first thing that will happen is progressives will start shouting “you just want to be racist!” Already seen a couple of the resident derps say it.

Man of Honour
I've never heard 'pale stale and male', what does it mean?
and wtf is egg and spoon rhyming slang for?
eh? i'm clearly not clued up enough on my racism.

Pale, stale male was was, (I think), first coined by Simon Jenkins, in The Guardian, as the last group left to vilify, as being white, male, and over 50.
Surely you’re kidding when you plead ignorance of a derogatory word for a black man that is derived from
one rhyming with egg and spoon, you’d certainly be aware of it if you were a blue collar inner Londoner.

Soldato
Oh yes, absolutely; what the world needs now is the rise of regressive Neanderthals like Bonker Boris and his xenophobic Brexiteer retards.
Ah, Stunted Stockhausen. Why did you cut out the 2nd line, is it because I described you?

...the first thing that will happen is progressives will start shouting “you just want to be racist!” Already seen a couple of the resident derps say it.

First they came for the progressives, and I said would any of you deathsquad guys like snacks and refreshments?

Soldato
What a load of Pseduintellectual, word salad nonsence.

The Marxist ideal that humans can't somehow completely break down society and its institutions and reconstruct it from the ground up from a social and or economic 'justice' viewpoint has to be one of the most insidious and ridiculous ideas in popular discourse at the moment.

Amen.

Soldato
Haven't heard that used for literally decades!

I really don't know what word is being talked about.
I think one of the strange little idiosyncrasies of living in Northern Ireland during the troubles is there were very few black people here.
Two generations older than me, would have referred to dark skinned people as a shortened form of the doll that was black.
These folks are virtually all dead now, and would have only had encounters with black folk in newspaper articles.
The generation before me wouldn't have met any black people, except maybe one family per town, if even that common, until the end of the troubles.

Most of the black people within Northern Ireland now, are either Brasilian Portuguese, Timorese or from the French colonies, we have very few direct African descent and Caribbean descent.
This is probably why I have no clue as to the word, as the words simply tend not to be used in society here, as there is no one to use them against.

I don't think I've heard the n word spoken aloud here ever, except in music. The only time in the past ten years I have heard the n word was last month, while in Spain, two Americans were speaking and referred to a 'very pretty young n' who had just been performing as a contortionist at a show. Utterly racist and clearly had no idea she was being as she was attempting to compliment, just ignorant and clueless.

- edit

I looked up racists terms, and have figured out what the rhyming word is, never heard it before.

Soldato
Oh yes, absolutely; what the world needs now is the rise of regressive Neanderthals like Bonker Boris and his xenophobic Brexiteer retards.

But he's right, to an extent.

Progressivism is partly to blame for Trump/Brexit and other such ailments we suffer from now. The reason is whilst it's goals are noble the implementation and how it is wielded by those who advocate it is entirely toxic. It has been used as a tool to label large parts of society racist/xenophobic/stupid/ignorant and eventually if you keep excluding and belittling them you get a kickback like this arriving. The other issues it suffers from is nothing is ever enough; whatever cause they are fighting for they inevitably take it past reality and end up labelling decent/moderate people as "wrong" as well and isoltae themselves in an ivory tower.

There are many people who could do with learning a better way to deal with others in society; but insulting them, belittling them and marginalising them is wrong and counter productive.

Permabanned
Egg and Spoon, never heard of that one, we non-cockernees learned it all from TV shows like Minder, Steptoe and Till Death.

Doesn't rhyming slang evolve, what was the slang for flares before Lionel Blair ?

Back
Top Bottom