Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Man of Honour
Partly I have a low opinion of Creative these days due to the fact they ended up stifling the progress of audio on the PC and holding things back. I think a lot of hate comes as well due to the randomness of some product features where they might be missing or watered down versions on different variants of a product for no apparent reason. The X7 is one of the few things they've done lately IMO that is somewhat innovative.

Associate
Hate the tweaks to surround sound they made on the G5. Its really bad in comparison to their other products. Such a shame. Sold mine after a few weeks.

Soldato
Should be ;)

I hope it is but as it's related to gaming I expect something to be wrong.

only time will tell.

Also pretty interested in seeing what the new closed back 579's will sound like.

Associate
Rainforest has this down as tomorrow release. I'm guessing they got that wrong though.

Contacted them and the adviser said they are defo coming in. Anyway ordered one so will post impression up once it gets here.

Last edited:
Soldato
You would want to contact sennheiser and ask them the specs of the amp, they should reply back with something like 32ohm 64ohm 150ohm etc etc. with the amount of milliwatts for each, also you could ask them what the output impedance is on the headphone output.

Man of Honour
Really not sure why its so difficult for a company like Sennheiser to bring these to market in a timely fashion and at a good price - while some of it is a little outside of my hands on experience much of the electronics like the DAC ICs, etc. are available off the shelf these days and facilitate relatively simple support circuitry and not that expensive in bulk. Sure developing a truly ground breaking surround simulation might be a bit more of a challenge but that seems to be the least of the slowdowns here.

Not just Sennheiser though a lot of companies seem to struggle with stuff like this.

Associate
They are still aiming for mid October according to their Facebook. Amazon popped up with a date of the 5th oct. But that was false. So looking like a week or two.

Man of Honour
They are still aiming for mid October according to their Facebook. Amazon popped up with a date of the 5th oct. But that was false. So looking like a week or two.

Unless you have a more uptodate date - was more like 4-5 weeks last time I checked before we are likely to get em in the UK.

Soldato
OP
First couple of reviews on the rainforest giving this high praise.. Still surprised to not see any reviews popping up yet? Rainforest also has this releasing November 5th £199

Back
Top Bottom