Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Associate
bought this last week and am having problems with world of tanks and pubg where the game freezes, I can still hear the sounds but can not do anything. I have tried uninstalling and all different usb ports but no good. Been on website and tried all suggested things but no go. Anyone know what could be the problem. I noticed on the website that the standard is usb2 but all my ports are usb 3.2 I have also updated firmware to latest. Any help appreciated. Dont know if i should just return it and get something else.

Soldato
OP
bought this last week and am having problems with world of tanks and pubg where the game freezes, I can still hear the sounds but can not do anything. I have tried uninstalling and all different usb ports but no good. Been on website and tried all suggested things but no go. Anyone know what could be the problem. I noticed on the website that the standard is usb2 but all my ports are usb 3.2 I have also updated firmware to latest. Any help appreciated. Dont know if i should just return it and get something else.

I assume you get no freezes when the GSX isn't connected?

Man of Honour
Can't remember if it was this thread or another forum but people had problems before with the GSX and USB3 ports - ones using a certain chipset/driver seemed to have issues with it. Sometimes on a motherboard you will find certain USB ports are provided via a separate chip on the motherboard and others via the CPU chipset, etc. with different results.

Or it could be unrelated to USB - is there any thing in the Windows Event Log which is related?

Soldato
Philips X2HR are on offer, are they worth it over the Game Ones? I’d have to get a boompro mic which means another cable to add (I’m not a massive fan of cables but want great sound!)

Associate
Philips X2HR are on offer, are they worth it over the Game Ones? I’d have to get a boompro mic which means another cable to add (I’m not a massive fan of cables but want great sound!)
I have both, prefer the X2HR over the Game One. Give a slightly more open sound and with better bass.

Associate
so got an update with my sound problem. I have tried all usb ports on my pc, still losing sound mid game, sometimes causing the game to freeze all together, only way to get out of it is to restart pc. Tried a clean install of w10 and downloaded all games again and still same problem. So thinking it is a problem with the usb on the x570 chipset not being compatible with the gsx (I read it on a forum somewhere) thought I would have a go on w11 so am now running that. Still same problem. I am beginning to think it is a faulty gsx. Any one have any idea what is causing this. I mainly play world of tanks which has most problems, I also play pubg and it happens on that but not so often.

Could it be a conflict with the in game surround sound and the inbuilt surround sound on the gsx being the problem. Running out of patience at the min dont know whether i should just return it as faulty

On a side not, liking w11, feels fast and solid as a rock ;)

Soldato
so got an update with my sound problem. I have tried all usb ports on my pc, still losing sound mid game, sometimes causing the game to freeze all together, only way to get out of it is to restart pc. Tried a clean install of w10 and downloaded all games again and still same problem. So thinking it is a problem with the usb on the x570 chipset not being compatible with the gsx (I read it on a forum somewhere) thought I would have a go on w11 so am now running that. Still same problem. I am beginning to think it is a faulty gsx. Any one have any idea what is causing this. I mainly play world of tanks which has most problems, I also play pubg and it happens on that but not so often.

Could it be a conflict with the in game surround sound and the inbuilt surround sound on the gsx being the problem. Running out of patience at the min dont know whether i should just return it as faulty

I was going to post the same thing with W10 and not being able to setup the GSX up as a 7.1 device in windows, says this format is not compatible with this device or something along those lines? Or is it purely software driven from the device itself!!

Associate
I was going to post the same thing with W10 and not being able to setup the GSX up as a 7.1 device in windows, says this format is not compatible with this device or something along those lines? Or is it purely software driven from the device itself!!
thats just a setting in the sound control, for 7.1 you need to set the sound to 16bit44000 or 48000 standard, you can run stereo in 24 bit only
here is a video thats worth a watch
GSX 1000 and GSX 1200 PRO Setup Guide - YouTube

Soldato
thats just a setting in the sound control, for 7.1 you need to set the sound to 16bit44000 or 48000 standard, you can run stereo in 24 bit only
here is a video thats worth a watch
GSX 1000 and GSX 1200 PRO Setup Guide - YouTube

Ah that fixed it! Sounds like your device might be to blame (IE faulty) can you try it on another machine perhaps, or laptop or something along those lines

Associate

Works fine on my X570 Mobo so not necessarily that.

Associate
update, decided to return the gsx and bought a syba sonic usb dac to try and guess what,,,,same problem. Game starts to lose sound then grinds to a stop. Sometimes it starts again after maybe 30 seconds but sometimes only a reset of the pc lets me get out of game. if I do a control alt delete it goes to a black screen.

I know its not temps, its not overclock as it does it regardless of oc or stock settings. I have fresh install off windows, fresh install of game. Checked the ssd for error but nothing there. all latest drivers for m/b gpu etc.

The only thing I can think off is the game is not installed on my c drive, it is on a separate ssd with my other games, any ideas guys

Associate
Anyone using GSX 1000 with Sennheiser/Epos GSP 500 or H6PRO ?

Tried both and volume seems a bit quiet like in many cases need to rurn volume on GSX 1000 to 60-80, headphones slider always at 100. On GSX using movie profile most of the time with 7.1 and no eq with 2.0 Other settings are off. So what is your average volume on GSX with this headphones for everyday use , youtube, movies, games etc.... ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom