Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
Can't see a mention of it so there is a new version called the epos gsx, cheaper and uses software unfortunately but night be an option if someone's GSX breaks

Review on hardware Canucks for anyone interested

Associate
Cheers, that is useful!

I can confirm that Epos replied to tell me that the mic input switches off automatically when using speakers to avoid feedback. I can say that I don't think that's necessary - since I get around this by pointing the mic at the standard rather than voice specific input and I've never had resultant feedback issues.

But given that I can't find a 3.5mm mic that's decent and has it's own on/off/volume switch I think I'm going to go down a very similar road to you and get a separate USB mic. This will also open me up to the tempting possibility of replacing my Steelseries Siberia v2's with a better headset with no integral mic.

Dont use a headset, just use good headphones :)

Associate
I am hoping they can take everything that is great about the GSX 1000 and build onto the negatively for a new GSX.

I love this device and wouldn't change it for anything.
Next GSX 1000 needs a better DAC, better AMP (use USB 3.0 for more power), and the ability to customise the sound profiles, the binaural alogrithm is amazing.

The red cable should be black and it would be nice if it could drive more speaker options than just 2.0 speakers.

The design of the thing does not need changing as it is just magic and amazing.

Associate
My GSX 1000 makes strange sounds inside if you rotate it in your hand in different directions. Some small part inside moves from side to side. Several times the device fell from the table earlier (i am about a 1 year use gsx 1000), but i did not notice until now. I did not find a single video with an opened gsx 1000 or 1200 so I have no idea what is inside ...
It works as it should, I didn't notice any problems, so it's not such a problem.
But still no one has encountered this?

Soldato
In the near future I am going to get a decent desk mike. This will have the side effect of freeing me from a headset (currently have Steelseries Siberia 2.0).

What headphones would be recommended for the GSX 1000 to drive? Or, alternatively, what specs should I look for to show it would be a good match?

I generally rate Sennheiser stuff highly - I've always been very pleased with their gear, and often they have good deals on their outlet. But happy to hear other suggestions too.

Soldato
OP
In the near future I am going to get a decent desk mike. This will have the side effect of freeing me from a headset (currently have Steelseries Siberia 2.0).

What headphones would be recommended for the GSX 1000 to drive? Or, alternatively, what specs should I look for to show it would be a good match?

I generally rate Sennheiser stuff highly - I've always been very pleased with their gear, and often they have good deals on their outlet. But happy to hear other suggestions too.

Using philips fidelio X2 and rate them very highly. I'll probably be buying the X3 also at some point. Amazing headphones for all round gaming / music

Associate

Agree with Shankly, Phillips Fidelio X2HR for me. I won't be buying the new X3.

For comparison purposes for you, I also own Sennheiser Game One's, and BeyerDynamics DT770's. Both good but the Fidelio's are just better for sound stage and sound quality in my opinion. Pair really well with the GSX.

Soldato
I suspect the updater is less than trustworthy, especially now they've farmed out support for the GSX to EPOS. Will be interesting to see what they say.

Associate
I suspect the updater is less than trustworthy, especially now they've farmed out support for the GSX to EPOS. Will be interesting to see what they say.

Got their reply (pretty fast, that's nice):
The issue was caused by some GSX 1200 Pro having your version installed in production.

This is the latest version and contains a tournament function. However, this function could not be used due to hardware deficiencies. Therefore, .844 was removed and version .808 was restored.

So your GSX 1200 Pro has the latest version, which is essentially the same as .808, except for a tournament feature (which is not available).

Soldato
OP
New update is released - Edit Updated fine on my end.

Sennheiser GSX 1000 and 1200 PRO

Release Note
Date: 19-11-2020
Version: 5.23.37.105.845

Change Log

This release is to resolve the issues regarding boot on AMD systems with GSX1000 and GSX1200 with certain versions of Windows 10.

Changes and Bug fixes:
- Fixed boot issue
- Fixed suspend/resume issue
- Fixed volume sync issue on some systems
- New USB Product ID (PID).

Note: To clear windows registry the USB product ID (PID) is changed in this release and therefore the user will have to setup 7.1 surround sound again.
Windows defaults to 48kHz 24 bit (HD audio), but the USB Audio 1.1 standard does not support 7.1 in 24 bit. Therefore the sample rate must be set to 48 kHz/16 bit (DVD Audio) before choosing 7.1 surround sound.
Please follow below link to setup 7.1 surround sound in Windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
I already asked last year about what headphones match up well with the GSX1000, and got helpful answers - I never got around to biting the bullet though.

I'm not discounting the suggestions I got - but I wonder if anyone knows whether the Sennheiser Momentum 3's would be a good match? I'm tempted by them over the suggestions I received for two reasons:
1) I can get them at a very good price.
2) They would fulfill two purposes - both as my gaming cans (connected to the GSX by 3.5mm), and as travel headphones using their wireless connectivity.

I'm just concerned about how well they work wired, given that's not really their planned use, and whether they pair well with the GSX1000 since that'll be 90% of their use.

Associate
I already asked last year about what headphones match up well with the GSX1000, and got helpful answers - I never got around to biting the bullet though.

I'm not discounting the suggestions I got - but I wonder if anyone knows whether the Sennheiser Momentum 3's would be a good match? I'm tempted by them over the suggestions I received for two reasons:
2) They would fulfill two purposes - both as my gaming cans (connected to the GSX by 3.5mm), and as travel headphones using their wireless connectivity.

I'm just concerned about how well they work wired, given that's not really their planned use, and whether they pair well with the GSX1000 since that'll be 90% of their use.

from what I hear those are very bassy. you can change that in the app though. I have used the pxc 550 II with them and they were very good. Right now I'm using Hifiman Sundara's.

Associate

If you can find them, Phillips Fidelio X2HR

Back
Top Bottom