Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Azza said:
Cover the travel costs and for a small fee, fee will vary depending on what you want me to do, and I will gladly pay him a visit.

Are you offering your services as a 'heavy' on a public forum, an overclocking forum at that? In the nicest possible way... grow up! The last thing you want is a conviction for affray.

Soldato
OP
The latest reply from him:

As you have confirmed you don't want the 30 pounds which I offered - which according to the above i didn't have to, i now consider this matter closed

I would reccomend seeking better legal advice in future, the free services provided by credit cards and home insurance, banks etc, they are normally untrained and unqualified people who don't know little if any detail quoted in legislation, as such they can end up costing you money and time, i know as i have been there and done that.

Please don't make any calls on my work number (which was called 3 times today), all calls are recorded on this number (as stated on the calls today) failure to comply with this request may lead to me filing a harrasment, and based on what has been posted on the web site link you sent, possibly a slander suit, if you do see fit to contact me regarding the above matter please ensure it is only by e-mail.

Alternatley you can contact my current, contact details available:
http://www.cordnerlewis.co.uk/

I now consider the matter closed with no monies payable by myself.

Thanks

Mr M Green

What do you think :o

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Anyone that desperate to keep a £120 graphics card is bluffing. He thinks by name dropping a solicitor he can scare you off. Don't let him.

You're in the right, keep going :).

If you want to reply to that, ask why he didn't just return the graphics card. Ask why he feels he has any right (legal, moral or otherwise) to it.

Soldato
OP
I will leave the e-mails for the minute and wait for my letter to arrive and then see how he responds.

I don't think he realizes every step of this is being posted on a forum viewed by thousands each day :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Hyper said:
I will leave the e-mails for the minute and wait for my letter to arrive and then see how he responds.

I don't think he realizes every step of this is being posted on a forum viewed by thousands each day :rolleyes:
Which could go in his favour as you have accused him of being a lier with no evidence

Permabanned
dbmzk1 said:
If something turns up randomly on your door then legally are ARE entitled to it. That's the point.

If you receive unsolicited goods, for example, something in the mail you didn't order and haven't agreed to accept, you have the following two options:

* Notifying, in writing, the company that sent the goods that you did not ask for them and do not wish to keep them. You must also advise the company of an address and suitable time for it to pick up the goods. If the goods have not been picked up within one month of you writing to the company, they are legally yours.
* Doing nothing—if the seller does not pick up the goods within three months they become your property.

...so, only after 1 or 3 months, not the same day.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Slander only applies if it's not true. He has received the graphics card, he has been made aware that it was a genuine error (not unsolicited goods as he bought an item from you) and he has refused to return it to you, claiming that he has sold the item which never belonged to him.

Soldato
to be honest hes a classs A moron. Hang on while I google a solicitor to slap in my email.

Do not let this matter drop if you can fight it all the way. but I assume as your father is dealing with it he might just be calling your bluff.

As for legal advice, see if any of your parents have legal protection with any unions they may be in.

Soldato
Hyper said:
The latest reply from him:

What do you think :o

I've already said what I think. There's nothing you can do and by asking for money and/or threatening legal action you are breaking the law.

Cut your losses, learn your lessons and move on!

divine_madness said:
The law was amened. You no longer have to wait before the item is yours to do with as you see fit.

Soldato
OP
Even though I didn't respond to his last e-mail I have just received another.

This will be my last mail on this.

it actually applies to, and i quote

"a supplier and a consumer"

you the supplier - me the recipient (consumer) of the unsolicited goods.

Please feel free to send a court summons as I have already recearched and found examples of case law where this type of situation has occoured and on all occasions been found in favour of the recipient, as you are no doubt aware - case law stipulates that if a case of the same nature is raised it must be handled the same way as a previous case - its what all the top lawyers use - hence why they are so expensive.

Apologies we couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement

Regards

Mr M Green

I feel he is getting desperate now that he knows he cant fob me off that easily.

Soldato
i think he know you wont get solicitor(s)/court involved cos they cost more than the graphic card itself. So he's happy to play along with you till you give up and move on :(

Soldato
As I said hes an armchair guru, using google to "research"

Get this thread locked and removed and get on your local CAB and Get legal advice.

Do not play around any further and do not contact him again. from now keep it legal and legit. end off.

Permabanned
This will be my last mail on this.

it actually applies to, and i quote

"a supplier and a consumer"

you the supplier - me the recipient (consumer) of the unsolicited goods.

Please feel free to send a court summons as I have already recearched and found examples of case law where this type of situation has occoured and on all occasions been found in favour of the recipient, as you are no doubt aware - case law stipulates that if a case of the same nature is raised it must be handled the same way as a previous case - its what all the top lawyers use - hence why they are so expensive.

Apologies we couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement

Regards

Mr M Green

"Read the exemptions:

These Regulations do not apply to contracts:

* involving the sale or other disposition of land.[17]
* concluded by automated vending machine.[18]
* concluded with a telephone operator by public payphone.[19]
* via auction.[20]"

Soldato
OP
paul_64l said:
"Read the exemptions:

These Regulations do not apply to contracts:

* involving the sale or other disposition of land.[17]
* concluded by automated vending machine.[18]
* concluded with a telephone operator by public payphone.[19]
* via auction.[20]"
That sounds interesting, as for all the people saying "get a solicitor etc etc, I will be if I don't get a reply from the letter I am sending tomorrow.

Caporegime
I would take it to small claims court, he's praying you're just going to run away with your tail between your legs, at least make it difficult for him even if our law is a complete joke and eventually rules in his favour (I'm no law boffin but simple common sense is enough to judge this one).

Good luck with this Hyper, anyone with an ounce of decency is behind you. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hyper said:
That sounds interesting, as for all the people saying "get a solicitor etc etc, I will be if I don't get a reply from the letter I am sending tomorrow.
Id get some proper advice before you go sending anything to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom