serious thread if the missus says no to pc.

Soldato
There is no competition.
Wife, life and relationship Vs Computer - no competition.
If you are married then you should be mature enough to sit down with your wife and discuss this situation.
Simply come to a compromise - she cannot expect you to totally stop using your computer, however if you are using it too much then you need to decide which one is more important to you.

My wife has her own PC and she likes to go on the Internet, she has a couple of her own websites which she likes to keep updated.
She is even keen to play the odd game.
However we always make sure we spend time with each other (we have a computer room, so we're together when we use our computers anyway).
We also make sure we spend time away from the computers entirely.

Be the man and start a conversation with your wife and ask her what she considers fair and why she feels you spend too much time on the computer.
Then you can have an adult discussion and sort it all out.

Oh - it's interesting to see just who is single and who isn't.
Also can see at least a post or two where people are either pretending to be in a relationship or married (you can just tell by what they have said and the way they have said it).
There is nothing wrong with being single (so those pretending, you can be truthful) but if you're in a relationship or married you have to take life a little bit more seriously.

Permabanned
dgmug said:
well the other half is casting law and says pc is mr all of my time in the house is she right or do you just ignore her.

She is your girlfriend. She is unhappy. She is telling you that she feels ignored.
Don't be suprised when she starts seeing someone else if you don't take notice.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
my missus was unhappy to start with but she did know..we lived together for a couple of years before we got married (13 years married now so she has come to terms with my gaming )

but since we got sky+ I'm barely allowed to touch the remote control!

and with the warmer wather coming up the trout season is starting..and she comes with me a she started herself last season..its a good way of spen ding time together and getting some fresh air....nowt better then a warm summer evening by the water..take a picnic and just chill out after work when its light upto 10pm

Last edited:
Associate
I manage to balance World of Warcraft and my home life quite easily and I work full time. I do my fair share of chores and quite often cook dinner.

Try and find a middle ground.

Soldato
No one is so unreasonable as to say you can't play games.

Your obviously playing to long. Spend some time with her so your not always playing games. If you want to play games 24/7 you shouldn't have a girlfriend tbh.

Associate
lofz said:
...Try and find a middle ground...

Some good advice right here. Ask yourself how much she means to you, then think what life would be like if you only had your pc and nothing else. To me it means plainly simple; spend time with her, you'll both feel better for it :)

Permabanned
Spursboy said:
Some good advice right here. Ask yourself how much she means to you, then think what life would be like if you only had your pc and nothing else. To me it means plainly simple; spend time with her, you'll both feel better for it :)

Middle ground thats easy.

Ask her which hole to the plug the monitor and keyboard in.

Permabanned
Richdog said:
On the subject of computers vs women all I hate to say is: I'd spend all day playing with a woman than with my 3.5" floppy.

Get one of these it may be old but you'll be able to show it proudly in the Windows for Showers v1981.

Associate
Introduce her to Viva Piniata :D Worked for me.

My wife was just annoyed that there were no games about that she could enjoy.
She now plays the Sims and Viva Piniata.

We each spend a few hours a week gaming on the PC and Xbox360, so not much time at all

Associate
Jonny ///M said:
Tell her K HEN! then proceed to take over her TV watching footy/mtv dance/uktv gold for topgear/discovery channel for How its made and mythbuster(the how its made music will drive her mad)/nationel Geo for megastructures(defo not a female programme) and she will soon get sick of you and realise you on pc = win for her.

lol, that is so true.

Same happened to me, so I took control of the TV for 2 nights, watching football and top gear.

By night 3 she asked me to go back on the PC.

She's only happy if I spend time with her watching birds tat on the TV, like "How fat are my feet" or "Decorate your house for £10" which tends to melt my brain.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
every healthy relationship requires compromise. You should at least be spending an equal amount of time with her, truthfully more with her than the PC.

Else who is the relationship with - PC or her?

Back
Top Bottom