serious thread if the missus says no to pc.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Yes compromise, you need to watch Emmerdale, East Enders, Corrie etc. etc. but god forbid you do something you may enjoy!

HEADRAT

way to miss the point on compromise :rolleyes: .

If she doesnt want you on the PC, and you dont want to watch corrie, then both do something different together, or agree that that time is a time when you both do the things you enjoy separately if needs be.

Compromise is a 2 way thing bud.

Soldato
Pug said:
way to miss the point on compromise :rolleyes: .

But that's not a womens version of compromise, had this once with an X girlfriend and I said OK then if I can't use the computer you can't watch your soaps which seemed fair, she threw a blue fit.

I tried to explain that I'd rather walk over broken glass than watch that drivel but she wasn't happy. She complained "you never spend any time with me" but I explained that my idea of spending time with someone wasn't sitting next to them why we watched drivel in silence.

So I stopped using my PC and the TV was off so what did she do, read a book! :rolleyes:

HEADRAT

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
But that's not a womens version of compromise, had this once with an X girlfriend and I said OK then if I can't use the computer you can't watch your soaps which seemed fair, she threw a blue fit.

I tried to explain that I'd rather walk over broken glass than watch that drivel but she wasn't happy. She complained "you never spend any time with me" but I explained that my idea of spending time with someone wasn't sitting next to them why we watched drivel in silence.

So I stopped using my PC and the TV was off so what did she do, read a book! :rolleyes:

HEADRAT

But you didnt **** her? :(

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
But that's not a womens version of compromise

Could you generalise that any further!? :eek:

You should blame your ex GF, not women in general bucko!

Murf said:
I love you!! :D :p

I knew there was a reason I started watching it! :p

Megastructures, American chopper, Top Gear, F1 (which starts tonight! :D )....

/wonders off mumbling...

Last edited:
Soldato
My missus don't mind me being on the PC as long as I don't take the p***. We're building a house at the moment and the loft is being earmarked as a gaming/movie room for me. Keeps me out of "her house" and gives me my own place to "play" :D

Caporegime
HEADRAT said:
I don't own a TV, and my girlfriend rarely watches it, but when I'm over at hers, she wants to watch Desperate Housewives. God knows why because she's an intelligent woman and DH is utter american *****.

Anyway, if she makes me watch it I just ask "who's that", and "what do they do" about every single person on screen. Every time they appear, regardless of how many times they've appeared before.

She doesn't ask me to watch it anymore ;)

Soldato
platypus said:
I don't own a TV, and my girlfriend rarely watches it, but when I'm over at hers, she wants to watch Desperate Housewives. God knows why because she's an intelligent woman and DH is utter american *****.

Anyway, if she makes me watch it I just ask "who's that", and "what do they do" about every single person on screen. Every time they appear, regardless of how many times they've appeared before.

Great idea! Sometimes I'm blackmailed into watching Girls of the PB or Ugly Betty. I'll try that and hope I don't get a slap :eek:

Soldato
platypus said:

Fool. Desperate Housewives is ace.

Soldato
Go out with a woman who shares your interests instead of going out with someone who doesnt = problem solved.

If you go out with someone who doesnt then its constant compromise all the time. My ex would often force me to watch eastenders, ballroom dancing shows on tv....GOD i hated it! but when i try to watch Footie she starts making eyes at me and trying to distract me....

Soldato
I only see my other half for 4 days every 2 weeks but still he insists on sitting on the computer pretty much the entire time i am there. It upsets me that he can't even have a conversation with me because he zones out completely. I'm gotten used to being ignored, although sometimes i wonder if he would even miss me if i wasn't there.

Associate
She watches TV, I watch the monitor. Only difference I see is that watching a TV is passive, playing a game or something still challenges your cognitive processes.

Packed my lass off to a sauna once a week too.

Still have time to look after my sprog, clean, cook, and job.

Basicly, manage your time evenly and it seems to fall into place. Become obsessive in one, and things deteriate.

Reading the London rags, loads of people complain about being single, not be able to find anyone somehow etc. So, would you rather spend time with your current lass, or pixels instead, eventually rejoining the single market later on once your gaming bores you?

Associate
Blackstar said:
I only see my other half for 4 days every 2 weeks but still he insists on sitting on the computer pretty much the entire time i am there. It upsets me that he can't even have a conversation with me because he zones out completely. I'm gotten used to being ignored, although sometimes i wonder if he would even miss me if i wasn't there.

Sometimes I think my gf feels this way. I have to slap myself to remember how much I would miss her if she was gone.

I wouldn't like to advise any course of action for you, but it may be worth mentioning your concerns to him.

Caporegime
Blackstar said:

And you haven't discussed this with him yet? :confused:

If you only see him 4 days every 2 weeks and he can't be arsed to pay you due attention then methinks you need to rethink your relaitonship!

Soldato
HEADRAT said:

HEADRAT

Lol@your experience man. I use have the same problem exaclty like yours. What i did was put the pc and ps2 away then when her programme starts, i would start with foreplay on her.....After a while she gets the message and dont bother me anymore. :p

Soldato
Richdog said:
And you haven't discussed this with him yet? :confused:

If you only see him 4 days every 2 weeks and he can't be arsed to pay you due attention then methinks you need to rethink your relaitonship!

Of course we have!

He is getting better, slowly but surely. I have to give him credit for that, we are going away for the weekend soon and I can assure you there will be no computers within a 50 mile radius, I've made sure of that.;)

The problem isn't that bad really, we spend a lot of time watching films on the computer together and living as far apart as we do computers and phones play a huge role in our relationship. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom