seriously, what do i have to do to get a job!?!?!?!?

Soldato
Bobcat said:
This is also the truth, after 7 years in a Help/Service Desk i am getting a little fed-up to say the leased, im starting to think of other jobs (Outside of IT) that will be MUCH more rewarding and will probably pay better with less stress.

But what do you do when IT has been your sole focus all these years? This is my problem, I already know before entering the IT job market that I dont want to work in it, but I cannot think of an alternative yet.

Soldato
I'm thinking about randomly approaching companies enquiring as to whether they have any jobs available for someone with my skills and experience. Has anyone been through this process who would be able to give me any hints as to the best method? Should i just send off emails effectivly asking them if they have any positions available, and give a little information on my education and commericial experience (maybe including my CV)? Or is there a more effective way to do this?

Suspended
Quite a few people on here keep saying how boring IT is etc etc.

Why not work in an area your interested in! I can understand how a help desk and support role can be so boring - try a changing roles!

Man of Honour
Talking about IT Jobs, We're looking for an IT manager.

The Ad:

Redbridge Community School, Southampton,SO16 9RJ

IT MANAGER

(Required ASAP)

To offer technical support in installtion, maintenance and training relating to school's network.

Redbridge is a mixed comprehencive for students 11-16. It is one of the best equipped and most popular schools in the region for having achieved an' outstanding Ofsted recently.

The school is looking for a bright, articulate individual to manage a network of 6 servers and 600 workstations plus multiple print servers and printers.

The successful candidate will have experience of network administration and Active Directory in particular. Expericence of Microsoft Windows 2000 and 2003 server, Windows 2000 and XP Pro. Some knowledge of Veritas Backup Exec, Sophos Anti-Virus, SIMS and Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, ethernet technology, cabling and wireless.)

Salery £20,235-£24.708 according to experience

Closing date 18.10.06

For application forms please call Kate Crisell, School Bursar on 023 8076 4219 and leave you name and address.

Although, you don't need WINS experience (got rid of NT4), and we have 10 servers and Cisco experience would be useful.

Just thought ad show for anyone looking in the Soton area.

Burnsy

Last edited:
Associate
which company was it out of interest? also failed to make the grade for a cov based IT support job.. JHP Training was the company..

edit: on the same day that is :p

Last edited:
Soldato
When I was looking for a job it took me a year or so to find the one I wanted and I have 4 years of experience too.

To be fair I was being picky and did reject one offer before that, but a decent job is never easy to come by.
Just keep persevering and one will come up sooner or later.

The only bad thing at the minute is the commute into Canary Wharf every day :(

Back
Top Bottom