SETI@home News Vol. 102

Soldato
Ahemmm....that was a bit selfish noticing my own stats there....:eek:what the heck have you been upto Mr Halz Sah....i know you like your secret cloak of invisability but what have you took delivery of thats shot your output up to 30000 very well done!! :D

Soldato
Down to server downtime yesterday I'm afraid, nothing more .....but I'm working on it :D

Slashiem - any good to you

bs_sig.php

http://www.teamocuk.co.uk/tsig/bs_sig.php?h=Slashiem&j=SAH&i=img541.imageshack.us%2Fimg541%2F453%2Fslashiemsig.jpg&x=271&y=50&r=255&g=255&b=255&s=14&f=verdana&p=y&n=

Last edited:
Soldato
In my Seti@Home Class of 4/13/2002 I will have trouble gaining number one slot due to present leader Anchesa.

This guy has over 72k RAC with team Nordlichter and is 76th in the World rankings (Burlsey is at 150)

He also happens to be Germanys number 1 Seti cruncher - just my luck :rolleyes:

Soldato
In my seti@Home class of 2001-04-04 I'm number 1 :D
Sounds better than it really is though as there are only about 10 people still active - what a bunch of slackers!

Soldato
The penny has just dropped on this one

Wouldn't worry - it is still early....

Look what arrived today.. My GTX 295 :D

20100506001f.jpg

I think I might be leaving work late tonight. If I cant build the rig today, it waill stay in bits for the next 2 weeks as Im off tomorrow, training all next week and in Egypt the week after...

Last edited:
Soldato
So where do I find my class? I found the Classic Seti one, I finished 23rd and top UK'er for my class :D

If you go to

http://boincstats.com/stats/user_stats.php?pr=sah&st=0&ti=30189

Find yourself and click on the little boinc grapgh button on the right of your user row, this will bring up your personal stats page
You will see your sign up date and directly underneath you will see your position which is a clickable link. That will take you into a seperate stats page listing all the users that signed up the day you did

edit

http://boincstats.com/stats/user_stats.php?pr=sah&date=927417600&st=0#15

You have quite an active group and somehow I can't see you getting to #1 anytime soon - 95 million, thats a big ask!

Soldato
http://www.teamocuk.co.uk/spartclass.php?p=SAH&u=3944&d=1999-05-23

Still top of my Class of 27th October 1999 got about a year till I get toppled :(

Was top of my classic group as well :)

Just had a look at mine, I was 36/2632 :eek:
In my defense, I was crunching on an AMD K6-2 300Mhz and only when the machine was on, my addiction wasn't enough back then, it was something I did in the background because I liked the idea..
That machine lasted for 4 yrs!!!
Ahh - those were the days, I remember thinking 8Gb of RAM was a massive amount :p

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks chaps, I looked at both our stats pages and boincstats but my old eyes are weak :o

Hmm, I see based on the current daily credits I can only achieve 4th place for my class, 2nd best brit which I am in 15th place already :eek:

Thanks again

Soldato
A frustrating couple of hours..
threw the machine together in a hurry, it worked, so at least all the hardware was ok.
the case ha total of 4 fans, 2 of which are stuck, so I will need to look at that when I get back.
The problems were with installing the OS via booting of a usb drive. I have 2 usb drives, win7 and 64 bit Xp. The win7 one works, the xp one doesn't, at least not on that machine as I tested it on my laptop fine :mad:
looks like I will have to pop into work tomorrow for a while and do an old fashioned install via usb.
I could have gone for win7, but less ppd than xp, and xp doesn't need the dummy vga plugs either
I am determined to get this rig crunching before I go away....

Back
Top Bottom