Share Your Best Pizza Dough...

Permabanned
sacrilege i know but has anyone got any low carb recipes for dough ?
Thanks

You can make a passable base using mozzarella and eggs or wife sometimes does a recipe that uses cauliflower. Its almost no carbs. If its keto there are lots of recipes on google but none of them, that I have found so far, are as good as actual dough of course.

Soldato
170g Mozzerella
85g ground almonds
50g cream cheese

Mix and microwave for 1 min, combine. If not mixed well microwave 1 more min.

Add 1 egg, mix and turn out onto baking parchment. Flatten using 2nd sheet of baking parchment if needed.

***** with a fork and bake for 8 - 10 mins @ 200c

Remove from oven and top with whatever. Return to oven for 5 - 8 mins (until toppings melted/cooked) and NOM.

It's damn tasty and works well imo.

Soldato
so has anyone researched/got a good deep pan recipe ?
most of the reddit ones like this
https://www.reddit.com/r/TopSecretR...alnatis_butter_crust_chicago_style_deep_dish/
seem to be predominately adding significant corn oil, with some small amount of butter, not sure what the uk alternative to corn oil is - rapeseed ?

Lot of recipes I've seen just have the addition of cornmeal which is easily found in Tesco, etc and butter, rest is just your basic Italian base.

I should really try and make it myself one day, I even have a skillet which would be perfect for this.

Soldato
yes - you're right they all have cornmeal ... but on the fat content butter/corn-oil , that component is a bit more ambiguous

Back
Top Bottom