** SHIELD TABLETS NOW AVAILABLE & BUNDLES FROM OcUK!! **

Associate
Got mine yesterday - very snappy device I have to say. Tried the game streaming even though I don't have the controller. Worked fine once I reconfigured my PC a bit - GeForce Experience isn't quite up to recommending settings on a tri-SLI, triple monitor in portrait mode setup :) Seems to work fine the little I tried after disabling 2 of the monitors and running standard landscape mode.

Love the stylus. Switched to the ART instead of Dalvik as a test after enabling dev options - haven't had any issues with that yet - we'll see after some more testing.

Soldato
Whats it like purely as a tablet, i would use it a lot to watch some movies on, looking at sticking a 128gb sd card in it.
Would also stream some on my steam games hopefully via the internet be handy for in work on my dinner break.

Just ordered one anyway. Hopefully get it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
It's great as a tablet. Was worried about size a bit as the shield replaced a 10" HP Touchpad but needn't have. Fast as a fast thing too. Enabled ART as a test and that works great too. Hard to find an example app that shows speed difference though due to the power of the chip. Surprising extra bonus - typing is a lot better due to the responsiveness.

Associate
Can you put applications on the SD Card or are you limited to only having them on the internal storage?

Internal storage only unless applications allow data to be moved after installation (very rare) or you root and use applications like foldermount to move data around.

Back
Top Bottom