** SHIELD TABLETS NOW AVAILABLE & BUNDLES FROM OcUK!! **

Soldato
I'm kind of dissapointed they moved away from the hand held design that they had with the first shield.

Who is going to be on a bus, train or car and want to play games with a controller whilst trying to balance the tablet on their lap?

This kind of limits you to playing the kind of crap android games that you would be playing on your phone anyway and making the power of the k1 chip completely redundant.

I think I will just stick to my 3DS and Vita for portable gaming kicks for now.

I agree with this. Even if you're lying on your bed it will be hard to balance the tablet. As an owner of the first Shield, I wont be buying this.

Soldato
Seems a good tablet for £240. If the speakers are decent I'll probably grab one. I've no interest in streaming from my PC but would love a Nexus 8 with a decent set of speakers.

Associate
Quality processor, excellent screen, actually looks good too... Plus I already own a ton of Android software. One question remains:

What's the battery life like?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

We shall get our first shipment of 16GB Tablets, controllers and covers today/tomorrow.

However NVIDIA have a severe shortage on covers with no ETA, so if your order is being delayed by a cover please call our sales if your order has not shipped by tomorrow to remove the cover from your order.

I'd advice customers not to order the cover during this shortage as it will delay your order shipping and to simply order it once they are available from stock.

Associate
Hi Gibbo

I did order the cover but in a separate order - would I still need to contact sales in that case?

And this tablet is replacing my aging HP Touchpad which has been great.

Associate
Are the controllers and / or covers likely to be in stock today? Keen to get one before the weekend, but I'll just grab the tab if the other bits are not due in stock!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Mine has been shipped today with a controller apparently the covers not going to be in stock for a while.

Associate
I'm having some really annoying problems with my tablet, the brightness keeps changing with the colour of what's on the display. For example when I drag down the setting menu from the top of the screen it goes dark because of the overlay but then ticks darker and darker. This happens on everything videos webpages etc. But I can't find any setting that might be causing it. Auto brightness is off, any idea's?

Also whenever there are sounds playing through the headphone jack there is a huge amount of static that comes with it. Really poor first impressions.

Edit: the brightness change is like a 50/50 divide of colours and is easier to notice when the brightness is set lower. The blue on this forum makes the screen tick darker and the store page makes it tick brighter.

video of the flickering http://youtu.be/MUaFq7C-WY0
nvidia prism?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom