Ships under attack in the middle east

Man of Honour
Well that didn't last long. Owner of the Japanese boat saying the US are wrong....

Bullets wouldn't have caused the kind of damage shown unless it was more of the shell kind of calibre either multiple 20-30mm or something bigger like 105. Mines and torpedoes can and do their main damage above the waterline and there are a variety of anti-ship missiles/hybrids.

surely the whole point of a limpet mine attack is you plant the mines undetected below the waterline so nobody can see them

why would you attach them in plain sight of crew members on board ship?

Theoretically something like potentially due to limited access - its possible someone was able to approach the ship i.e. as a dock worker or something but not able to get into the water, etc.

Man of Honour
@Rroff Admittedly I did wonder that and definitely don't rule out Iran completely but I do not trust Pompeo/Bolton who aren't exactly hiding their urge for a war.

Way too many discrepancies to know who or what is going on or behind it at this point and way too many actors in that region who have interest in discrediting or pulling into conflict both Iran and the US.

Soldato
During my career I’ve probably spent about two months in the anchorage at Fujairah on vessels awaiting orders, and it’s the norm there for the place to be awash with small local boats and skiffs fishing, totally unchecked, so it’d be pretty easy for someone on one of those to attach something to a ship’s hull.

The boats are actually a pain in the ****, they come right up alongside the ship to catch the fish coming up to feed on marine growth on the hull, and often tie a line to the anchor chain, rudder stock or propeller to keep themselves in place while they fish, causing delays when you need to heave up the anchor and go.

Associate
What a world we live in where Iran are internationally more trustworthy than the USA.

To be honest i'm surprised the Dothraki haven't been linked in some way yet. Everything is *put tin foil hat on* everyone is wrong it cant be anything but "insert random country" ...... that was a tourist boat collecting something from the side of the boat.... what do you mean those boats have short range and have to operate close to their home land...... LIES ITS A COVER UP.

I mean that being over the top i know but lets be honest America haven't gone full retard just yet and if there are others with motives to cause a war with Iran surely they wouldn't need 6 ships being attacked surely that would have been everything they needed. My personal thoughts are that really they actually are trying to avoid war but trying to give the image they will. ONE MORE SHIP AND THATS IT....

I hope i'm totally wrong and everything just calms down. Given how much support war vets are getting, innocents being killed, infrastructure being ruined, disease and everything else that goes with war cant we just actually all get along. Sometimes I honestly wish Aliens would turn up and help unite the planet. *puts crack pipe down*

Last edited:
Associate
You would think someone would have noticed a bunch of mines on the hull of a ship if it had been put on there at port, also they could come off in rougher seas and the whole ... planted elsewhere thing seems a bit of a gamble.

So who attacked those ships?
If its Iran then what were they thinking? do they really want to start a massive war they really have no chance of winning with the US and.... if they were rumbled on the planting potentially a lot of the rest of the world.
If its a false flag then the yanks are really drinking the top drawer cool-aid. Make a **** up of the operation and its a very big embarrassment to the US. You then get iran supported by the Ruskies and who knows who else sympathetic.

Israeli? why would they do it? If caught the yanks would be embarrassed.
China? russia? no idea why they would pull a fast one like this. Great way to annoy a rather short tempered US president.

Soldato
I wouldn't trust Iran to wipe my arse. It's run by an oppressive regime, just like other Islamic nations. If western forces weren't there to stop them they would be forcing their ideals on the world just as Hitler attempted to do.

The US at least respects the rights of individuals and maintains a free country. Where you won't get executed for suggesting that an imaginary "prophet" from a badly written book isn't real.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Potential motive: Disruption?

these US allegations did manage to disrupt an important meeting of Asian leaders at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit, where Tehran was hoping to make diplomatic breakthroughs to ease a crippling American economic blockade

the US government accused Iran of the alleged attacks just as Prime Minister Shinzo Abe became the first Japanese leader to visit Tehran in four decades.

The Trump administration also issued its unsubstantiated allegations a day before an even more important meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a pan-Asian political and economic alliance that brought together the leaders of the world’s largest countries.

On June 14, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani joined President Xi Jinping of China, President Vladimir Putin of Russia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, and Prime Minister Imran Khan of Pakistan, among other heads of state, at a regional summit in Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan.

The US government’s accusations may have at least partially derailed Iran’s diplomatic efforts, as Modi cancelled a bilateral meetingwith Rouhani at the last minute, vaguely citing “scheduling issues.”

Permabanned
I wouldn't trust Iran to wipe my arse. It's run by an oppressive regime, just like other Islamic nations. If western forces weren't there to stop them they would be forcing their ideals on the world just as Hitler attempted to do.

The US at least respects the rights of individuals and maintains a free country. Where you won't get executed for suggesting that an imaginary "prophet" from a badly written book isn't real.

Who has Iran invaded in the last 20 years?
Who has the 'West' invaded in the last 20 years?

Let's do a tally...

US, the 'free' country, which is currently trying to extradite a journalist, Assange, to some dungeon for publishing true information. Don't make me laugh.

Last edited:
Permabanned
How many terrorists has Iran sent out into the world?

No idea. Does it top the number we have supported from the Mujahideen in Afghanistan which included Osama Bin Laden; the Lbyan Islamic Fighting Group that were linked to the Manchester bombings, to the alphabet soup of jihadis in Syria?

What governments has Iran toppled? None.

Now ask the same question of our own government...

P.S. If you are so concerned about terrorists shouldn't you look closer to home? Our government is allied with Saudi Arabia who Clinton in the Wikileaks emails admitted were funding ISIS.

We are allied with a country that is behind ISIS yet you talk of Iran.

Back
Top Bottom