1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ships under attack in the middle east

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XeNoN89, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Evangelion

Capodecina

Seriously, no.

Really? Talk me through that, would you? Here's a few false flags that I know of:

1788: Sweden uses a false flag operation against Russia to justify the Russo-Swedish War
    1939: Germany uses a false flag operation against Poland to justify the invasion of Poland
    1939: Russia uses a false flag operation against Finland to justify the invasion of Finland
    1979 to 1983: Israel uses a false flag operation against Lebanon in an attempt to provoke a response that can be used to justify a war against Lebanon

LOL, Craig Murray the conspiracy theorist.

2. doodah

Capodecina

Well that didn't last long. Owner of the Japanese boat saying the US are wrong....

3. StriderX

Capodecina

Oof, any Zumwalt's in the area perchance? Perhaps a stealth drone?

4. nkata

Soldato

Fast launches with shoulder aimed missiles. RPG or similar?

5. StriderX

Capodecina

I think an RPG and small boat would be rather easy to identify and the captain would mention it...

6. dowie

Caporegime

I think you're getting this a bit confused re: what is being claimed there by the US, the footage is claimed to show Iranians removing a mine some hours after the incident... i.e. a mine that didn't go off.

Why would the US have a drone or other aircraft observing the ship(s)? Well they'd just been attacked and the crew evacuated. The US has military assets in that area as it is an important waterway, there are US allies in the region who want US military assets there to deter Iran and Iran has been making various threats about denying it to shipping etc..

7. EvilSooty

Gangster

You are saying the US isn't itching for a war with Iran? Eh?

The staged gas attack in Douma (April 2018) is the most recent one.

Are you disputing anything he says? "Conspiracy theorist" is such a lazy slur.

8. dowie

Caporegime

9. EvilSooty

Gangster

Well the story around Salisbury is like Swiss Cheese so I wouldn't call anyone a crank who points out how much of it makes little sense and false flags do happen.

Anyway, don't want to derail things talking about Murray. He has only pointed out what others have too: the oddness of attacking a Japanese-owned ship while the Japanese PM was in Iran.

10. NVP

Mobster

Perhaps they had talks and this was Iran showing Japan what would happen if they did not agree? #magswouldwatchthatmovie

11. dowie

Caporegime

He's not only pointing out the oddness, he's taking a clear stance on it - from your link:

"I really cannot begin to fathom how stupid you would have to be to believe that Iran would attack a Japanese oil tanker at the very moment that the Japanese Prime Minister was sitting down to friendly, US-disapproved talks in Tehran on economic cooperation that can help Iran survive the effects of US economic sanctions."

"
    It was Iran that rescued the crews and helped bring the damaged vessels under control.

That Iran would target a Japanese ship and a friendly Russian crewed ship is a ludicrous allegation."

It also seems it was Iran that removed what looks like an unexploded mine from one of the vessels and forgot to mention anything about it...

12. EvilSooty

Gangster

Hmm, maybe. Just seems strange as is there any history of hostility between Iran and Japan? Would have thought if Iran were to do something like this there are plenty of ships from the likes of Saudi that they could hit instead.

Can see Iran eventually lashing out due to them being backed into a corner by the US with their economic warfare, but not sure about this one at all.

13. EvilSooty

Gangster

Not an unreasonable position to take given how US has been gunning for Iran for years now and how Iran even with its economy being strangled has been very restrained in its reactions so far.

About the mine looks like we are getting contradictory information about it. Doodah posted the quote from the Japanese owners saying they didn't think it was caused by one.

Will see what the Iranians say about that. Early days in all of this and no proper investigation yet - the US rushing to judgment as usual though.

14. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Are the vessel owners experts in explosive forensics?

15. Safetytrousers

Wise Guy

They probably would know quite a lot about the damage profile of their ship though.
    And perhaps they are interested in all things shipping and have a good idea of anti-ship weaponry.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  16. doodah

Capodecina

No but I would take their first hand account over Mike Pompeo any day. The US have too long a history of simply making things up to start a war.

17. EvilSooty

Gangster

There goes the 'let's nuke Iran thread'.

Can't even call for a nuclear holocaust anymore...it's political correctness gone mad.

18. KillBoY_UK

Mobster

I rather they did'nt quite a few of my fav films are from there

19. FTM

Soldato

surely the whole point of a limpet mine attack is you plant the mines undetected below the waterline so nobody can see them

why would you attach them in plain sight of crew members on board ship?

20. Freakbro

Capodecina

Agreed, there is a lot of good cinema coming out of Iran :)