US: Shooter - 2016

FTM

FTM

Soldato
if its more based around the book Point of impact, then the film, then it should be ok

also means you could then recycle the lead in the other swagger books (though they did get increasingly stupid)

main problem is the lead

in the books swagger is an older man..a vietnam veteran

they only changed it for the film in the first place,plus they have conjured a family for him..the whole point of the book was that he was an angry loner and so was the perfect choice to be a patsy as everybody would suspect him

Last edited:
Soldato
It's nice they're taking a detour from the film means I haven't necessarily seen it already :).

Certainly the best movie to TV adaptation I've come across.

Although I really wish they'd just call him Bob rather than his full name each time :D.

Associate
It seems ok... dunno think I prefer film still after these first 2 episodes. It seems toned down somehow (even though the film was hardly hardcore).

The fight scene in the jail cell boosted it up a few notches mind.

Soldato
I binge-watched this and I really enjoyed it! I thought the film was awesome and so I was wondering at first just how they'd pull off a TV series, but they really did it justice. Everything was fleshed out so much more and the action scenes were amazing! I can't wait to see what season two has in store!

Associate
Only 5 Episodes in so far, but really enjoying it and very impressed.

Was very much in two minds about it having seen the film on numerous occasions, but this is so much better. Haven't read the novel "Point of Impact" that both are based on so can't comment on how this compares to it, but would like to think it does a decent job, at least more so than the film. If anyone has read the book I'd be interested to hear what they think.

Very glad I gave it a chance and look forward to viewing the rest of the Season.

Would certainly highly recommend it to others, and easily over the film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom