Shop bought soup

Caporegime
I like the packet of knorr thick vegetable soup tho it can be a pain to make as can get lumpy when adding it to a pan of boiling water so you gotta stir it for ages.

Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup with lurpak on some crusty cob is nice.

Been thinking of getting a soup maker from b&m like this. https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/morphy-richards-soup-maker-317014 But dunno as they dont really cook meat in soups, they probs want you to cook the meat then add it to the maker which is meh if you just want to do one pot kinda thing. I do have slow cooker which i do some nice scotch broth type of soup/casserole in which is usually nice.
The Knorr chicken noodle soup is superb.

Soldato
OP
Just had some maris piper and leek, very nice. Tomorrow I shall try the lentil 'n smoked bacon.

20200506-193132.jpg

Soldato
Tomato soup has always been my favourite and as much as I enjoy shop bought ones I’ve yet to find one that tastes as good as the one I make.

Now the big debate regarding soup is soft or crusty bread/rolls? Crusty for me.

Always crusty, anything crusty. And plenty of butter.

Cooking up huge pots of soups and stews is my comfort food, love them. Cant beat it during winter with big crusty fresh bread.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a dirty habit of dipping sausage rolls into soup, Asda Lincolnshire 6 pack of which I will try to limit it to 3, though it is a struggle at times. Heinz tomato or chicken are the best soups for this. As far as shop soup, Asda chicken curry tub is the best I've had. Does anyone reuse the tubs for making your own soup and freezing it? Is the plastic safe to reuse multiple times?

Caporegime
Thread resurrection as it’s proper soup weather now.

What you into atm? For me it’s:

Baxters spicy parsnip and butternut squash and lentil dhansak

Heinz oxtail and mulligatawny

C&B cream of chicken and Knorr chicken noodle

Soldato
Most tinned soups are dreadful, the only great thing is that they last a really long time.

I've tried most brands of the fresh ones, they're all pretty much the same. I just buy the ones that are on offer.

Soldato
I have a dirty habit of dipping sausage rolls into soup, Asda Lincolnshire 6 pack of which I will try to limit it to 3, though it is a struggle at times. Heinz tomato or chicken are the best soups for this. As far as shop soup, Asda chicken curry tub is the best I've had. Does anyone reuse the tubs for making your own soup and freezing it? Is the plastic safe to reuse multiple times?

Have to update this, I wouldn't touch Heinz Tomato soup with a ten foot pole nowadays. Chicken is still alright, but they have completely ruined tomato. Gone off their tomato sauce too. Must be using fake tomatoes or something.

Permabanned
Heinz chunky big soups are decent, Aldi versions are even better. I like a proper tomato soup with actual tomato and basil in, in those plastic containers. Yum. But do enjoy a normal tomato soup, along with oxtail and minestrone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom