Shop bought soup

Soldato
Have to update this, I wouldn't touch Heinz Tomato soup with a ten foot pole nowadays. Chicken is still alright, but they have completely ruined tomato. Gone off their tomato sauce too. Must be using fake tomatoes or something.
Heinz imo are awful. People who say ‘I only have Heinz’ haven’t tried how nicer AND cheaper supermarket own label stuff is. One of my colleagues refuses to buy Heinz beans as loads of been cases.

Try Sainsbury’s own ketchup

Soldato
Yorkshire provender seems decent but i tend to make my own... people keep giving me butternut squash

Grew up on Heinz oxtail, not had it for a long time.

Last edited:
Associate
Aldi Oxtail, although I am not sure it is Oxtail (akin to how I remember Heinz Oxtail as a kid)? If I blind tasted I would call it veggie soup! :o

Just had a look in the cupboard and I have a tin of Beef Consommé Soup from Waitrose - Never tried but I think this will rekindle my childhood memories of Oxtail!

The price of Heinz products is ridiculous at the moment and I must admit, cant fathom why Heinz command such a premium as many supermarket own brands are better. I agree with posters as it certainly feels like 'something' in Heinz has changed over the years.

Baxter's French Onion as its the only one I can find! A big slice of crusty bread cut to the size of the bowl so it floats, with melted cheese. Love it but it leaves you parched!

Last edited:
Soldato
Like Ainsley Harriott cup a soups as flavours a bit different.

Any other companies that do different cup a soups?

Not keen on minestrone, asparagus and spring vegetables.

Next time I’m in B&M, Home Bargains (next year now) I will look at their soup section. As seen things I don’t see in supermarkets

Associate
Asda beef and vegetable is my go to when I fancy a quick tin of soup but if I have time I knock up a homemade chicken soup.

Soldato
Like Ainsley Harriott cup a soups as flavours a bit different.

Not as good as the seminton's soups they replaced. The mulligatawny that came with a sachet of mango chutney was yummy.

Tinned soup wise I'm not a fan of most of them, a lot of them have an odd texture. I do like creme of tomato though. Baxter's are nice if a bit expensive, also like some of the Tesco plant chef ones.

I've got a Lidl spinach and olive tinned soup in the cupboard. Not sure what that's going to be like.

Back
Top Bottom