Shops like La Senza?

Associate
I'm looking for a present for someone. I've pretty much exhausted the La Senza website so are there any other ones? Preferably with a shop equivalent I can go to as well. Also, how do you overcome the fear of going into this type of shop, and how the hell do you choose what you want?

Soldato
qwerty said:
I'm looking for a present for someone. I've pretty much exhausted the La Senza website so are there any other ones? Preferably with a shop equivalent I can go to as well. Also, how do you overcome the fear of going into this type of shop, and how the hell do you choose what you want?

Overcome the fear? Imagine the person you're buying it for wearing it. ;) Don't worry, the staff are awfully helpful and will think its great that a guy is buying his girl sexy underwear. You'll look like a saint to them, and they'll treat you like one. They love a man who knows what he wants. :p

Soldato
I used to be scared of those kinda shops, but then I went in once and just started browsing the sex toys and switching on the example models and had muchas fun!

I had just been singalised too, so I think maybe I was looking for a horny young woman to molester. I don't know.

Needless to say, it's all mostly overpriced crap anyway.

Phil.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
They love a man who knows what he wants. :p

Yeah I forgot to say, make sure you know what you are looking for and that she will like it... I was in Miss Selfridges on saturday and this guy bought a set for his girlf.

I felt so sorry for the poor guy :( I personally would have suggested not buying it from Miss S to start with...

Secondly I would have suggested not choosing florescent pink and cream :(

BB x

Suspended
New shop just opened recently www.shirleyofhollywood.co.uk they only have a store near Harrods and are a little bit more expensive than La Senza.

The big department stores all have a good range, Allders, Debenhams, M&S etc.

I have browsed the ladies undies section both with ma missus and solo and you get use to it. The only thing that disturbs me are the 40 year old chavs browsing the thong/lingerie section (well this is in Croydon :eek: )

Soldato
My suggestion would be to go to a smaller independant shop and buy something of good quality, even if that means its just a G-string rather than a whole bra and knickers set.

I tend to buy Aubade for H, the designs are beautiful and much sexier then your standard high street fare.

MB

Caporegime
I once went into Ann Summers with a friend at uni. I can't remember what she was looking for. I think it was underwear, but I don't remember. Anywho, I spanked her on the ass with a leather spanky thing and she screamed really loud as I ran out of the shop.

Great days.

Actually, that might have been the same trip into Newcastle when she embarrassed a member of staff in Boots by asking if they had anything she could use to clean her... toy.

Associate
OP
BrightonBelle said:
Yeah I forgot to say, make sure you know what you are looking for and that she will like it... I was in Miss Selfridges on saturday and this guy bought a set for his girlf.

I felt so sorry for the poor guy :( I personally would have suggested not buying it from Miss S to start with...

Secondly I would have suggested not choosing florescent pink and cream :(

BB x

:( See I wouldn't have guessed that Miss S is bad. Although those colours do sound awful!

Argh, now i'm nervous, i don't know what i'm looking for, or that she'll like it!

Caporegime
qwerty said:
Argh, now i'm nervous, i don't know what i'm looking for, or that she'll like it!

If you don't have a good idea of what you're after, it's probably not worth the risk. My wife once said she wanted "something nice to sleep in". Smart me goes off to La Senza and picks up a couple of "nice" little nightie things. Right? Wrong. She wanted "nice" sensible pyjamas, not "nice" little nighties. Returns time.

Associate
OP
vonhelmet said:
If you don't have a good idea of what you're after, it's probably not worth the risk. My wife once said she wanted "something nice to sleep in". Smart me goes off to La Senza and picks up a couple of "nice" little nightie things. Right? Wrong. She wanted "nice" sensible pyjamas, not "nice" little nighties. Returns time.

Well she said sexy underwear - I don't think that's misinterpretable?

And I've got no idea what else I could get her! Wow I'm crap at this, now I know how real men feel.

Associate
OP
Matblack said:
I tend to buy Aubade for H, the designs are beautiful and much sexier then your standard high street fare.

MB

They look really good, but if I understand the website, their only shop is in Northamptonshire. I've got no idea where that is but it sounds far from London. It doesn't look like you can order online either.

Caporegime
qwerty said:
Well she said sexy underwear - I don't think that's misinterpretable?

Well, that clears it up then! Crotchless panties 4tw!

Seriously though. Bra, panties, suspenders and stockings. Get them in a sensible colour. If you're not confident on that, just get them in black and cut your losses.

Oh, and it should go without saying that you have to be absolutely certain of her size!

Back
Top Bottom