Shots fired outside parliament - Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Caporegime
Thats fine if you then apply it to all white sumpremists, animal rights, anti abortion nutters who kill more Americans every year than islamic terrorists

they're obviously dangerous and need monitoring too - though the risk profile is rather different, animal rights activists aren't into mass casualties/crashing planes into tall buildings and killing thousands - islamists would if they could...

white supremacists/right wing nutters have taken to mass killing in the past too - though mostly aimed at the Federal Govt rather than civilians in general

Caporegime
Different problems have different causes, demographics and solutions. To apply blanket solutions would be stupid.

Why? A terrorist is a terrorist surely? Why not apply the " anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years." to all extremist terrorists?

Soldato
Yes but if you are going to offer solutions applying to just them, shouldnt it also apply to other terrorists? Or do we just put out head in the sand and ignore them?
Again, i am not debating that anymore with you or anyone, this is the third time you have brought that up.

This thread is about an Islamic Terrorist, so as from now my posts will be on that subject only.

Go and argue the toss elsewhere if you want to ramble on about other types of terrorism.

You are another handwringer, deflect, deflect, deflect.

Caporegime
Why? A terrorist is a terrorist surely? Why not apply the " anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years." to all extremist terrorists?

A terrorist is not just a terrorist. You're showing your ignorance there.

Look at the way the IRA carried out their attacks compared to the Islamic sects. Look at the likes of the Unabomber. Very different methodologies. Very different motives. Very different solutions.

Caporegime
I'm reminded of the Charlie Brooker piece (there's a forensic psychologist near the end saying about what should and shouldn't be reported). It's in the context of school shootings etc, but I'd wager similar applies to coverage of terrorist incidents,

indeed I was thinking about that similarity, the school killers do want to be remembered, do want to make an impact... they know they're going to die but they want their last act to generate headlines and the media gives that to them. I think you're right in that there is likely a similar mentality among Islamists, they crave the publicity too

Caporegime
Again, i am not debating that anymore with you or anyone, this is the third time you have brought that up.

This thread is about an Islamic Terrorist, so as from now my posts will be on that subject only.

Go and argue the toss elsewhere if you want to ramble on about other types of terrorism.

You are another handwringer, deflect, deflect, deflect.

Thank you for the name calling, i never called you any names. I never disagreed with what you proposed, just said it should apply to all terrorists. Clearly you don't care about all the people killed by white people. Shame

I am just saying it should apply to all. I fail to see how say an Irish person or animal rights activist advocating violence and killing people should be jailed just like the islamic person. Do you not see a problem with that? Or is it just blinked "get rid of the Muslims., i dont care about white terrorists?" Grow up.

Caporegime
A terrorist is not just a terrorist. You're showing your ignorance there.

Look at the way the IRA carried out their attacks compared to the Islamic sects. Look at the likes of the Unabomber. Very different methodologies. Very different motives. Very different solutions.

Different methods granted. But the same result. So why cant the propsoed rules about locking up "anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years" apply to the IRA for example?

Soldato
Pretty sure their isn't a rule book on how Islamic terrorists must kill their victims!!
They will copy other terrorists if they think it will help with the death count.

Caporegime
Different methods granted. But the same result. So why cant the propsoed rules about locking up "anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years" apply to the IRA for example?

Because they didn't do that. Heck, it was incredibly difficult to prove someone was a member.

Soldato
Because they didn't do that. Heck, it was incredibly difficult to prove someone was a member.

So are you saying it's easy to identify people who have been deluded into believing that they will wake up in heaven with 70 virgins for killing a cop or other innocent people?

Caporegime
So are you saying it's easy to identify people who have been deluded into believing that they will wake up in heaven with 70 virgins for killing a cop or other innocent people?

Well, a number of the muppets who have gone on to attempt/do things have been known beforehand for videos or protests. As was the case for this chappy.

IRA members weren't exactly renowned for broadcasting their identities.

Back
Top Bottom