Should I buy an XBox One X?

Soldato
I'm getting seriously tempted by an Xbox. I don't have a 4k TV, and I'm unlikely to be buying one any time soon. But it's not just the X that's on silly deals any way.

Amazon have the S 1TB with Tomb Raider (code), AC: Odyssey (disc), FIFA 19 (disc) and Far Cry 5 (disc) for £229. So ~£100 after selling the games? Seems like a steal.

Associate
OP
For the sake of one game? Probably not, but you've already made your choice!

It was the upcoming RDR2 that pushed me over the edge I'll admit, but I'm a Forza virgin and Tomb Raider, Battlefield, ACO I'd likely pick up on the PS4 anyway and IF the X is better on Multi-platform stuff (as just about everyone says)....why not!

Soldato
You wouldn't be able to tell any difference between the Pro and X version unless you analysed it like all those popular YouTube channels(the hype train, as well as some posts on this forum) that cost you a fortune until you realise they talk nonsense. £3k TV might notice a difference but not worth £400 and an HDMI slot and more clutter. PS4 has easily the best exclusives and therefore given what I've just said, this X will gather dust and you'll be ****** at wasting £400. Trust me, been there more than once.

Associate
OP
You wouldn't be able to tell any difference between the Pro and X version unless you analysed it like all those popular YouTube channels(the hype train, as well as some posts on this forum) that cost you a fortune until you realise they talk nonsense. £3k TV might notice a difference but not worth £400 and an HDMI slot and more clutter. PS4 has easily the best exclusives and therefore given what I've just said, this X will gather dust and you'll be ****** at wasting £400. Trust me, been there more than once.

Maybe you are right but I'm certainly not getting rid of the Pro and I love the vast majority of exclusives. The Panasonic 65 was in that ballpark when I bought it and it has been isf calibrated and does look rather good, I've 8 HDMI inputs and only use 4 so no worries there. I'll have to try and get a lend of a multi-platform title I already have off a friend and compare/contrast.

A lot of still screenshots comparing the 2 consoles do look quite different to one another. How they compare with motion and framerates I simply do not know, yet....

As much as anything I simply fancy a new gadget!

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as anything I simply fancy a new gadget!

I get that 100% hell with these deals I was thinking of getting one again, but invested far too much in digital software on the PS4(thousands of £ worth) and I have an S(uses HDR and 4k) in my spare room which I think is probably the best built console this generation. Forza Horizon 4(and new Halo) is almost worth £400 on its own mind, if you have the cash :)

Back
Top Bottom