• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I update my BIOS (AM5 platform) to AGESA v1.1.0.0 (new)?

Soldato
I think my current BIOS AGESA version is 1.0.0.4 (December 2022), which is the only one I found to be completely stable with my DDR5 RAM running at 6000 MT/s (1:1 IMC), at least so far. Also, this was the first AGESA version to support sleep mode with my board.

I heard different AGESA versions handle current /power levels differently...

A couple of non-beta BIOS versions (AGESA v1.1.0.0) for my B650 PG Lightning board are now available here:

Is there much reason to update the BIOS version, if all is currently working?

I skipped the previous AGESA version (1.0.0.7c) because ASRock's was classed as a Beta.

Is there much information yet about what features /changes this AGESA version offers? It appears to be a few MBs larger than the previous AGESA version.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think my current BIOS AGESA version is 1.0.0.4 (December 2022), which is the only one I found to be completely stable with my DDR5 RAM running at 6000 MT/s (1:1 IMC), at least so far. Also, this was the first AGESA version to support sleep mode with my board.

I heard different AGESA versions handle current /power levels differently...

A couple of non-beta BIOS versions (AGESA v1.1.0.0) for my B650 PG Lightning board are now available here:

Is there much reason to update the BIOS version, if all is currently working?

I skipped the AGESA version because ASRock's was classed as a Beta.

Is there much information yet about what features /changes this AGESA version offers? It appears to be a few MBs larger than the previous AGESA version.
1.1.0.0 brings support for the new APUs which are on the way.

I would at least upgrade to 1.0.0.7c especially with all the SOC over voltage problems frying chips, I would say with you current bios version you are probably not protected from that, but as that one is a beta, if you're not comfortable with it then go straight for the 1.1.0.0 version, in your case go straight to 2.02 as they fixed a USB issue in that one that maybe 2.01 brought to the table.

For me on my ASUS Gene newer bioses have brought better FCLK speeds and better RAM stability and overclocking potential, faster post times (no more hanging on memory training code 15)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think the main thing that's been putting me off doing a BIOS update is having to reconfigure my BIOS settings, particularly the memory timings and settings. It's a pain.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the main thing that's been putting me off doing a BIOS update is having to reconfigure my BIOS settings, particularly the memory timings and settings. It's a pain.
I video record mine on my mobile phone and then just copy the settings straight back over after the flash has finished, but I know what you mean.

Last edited:
Soldato

Can't you save BIOS settings to USB and reload them after BIOS update?..I know you can on ASUS boards.

Associate
On 1.0.0.6 with my B650 AORUS ELITE AX I used to get a random crash about once a week, been on their alpha BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 and it hasn't crashed yet, although I probably just jinxed it :p

Associate
Interesting thread

I’ve an msi tomahawk x670e
7800x3d
2 x 16gb 6000/cl30 gskill ram.

The only way it’s stable is with stock settings. I can’t run expo at all.

On earlier bios it was rock solid. I wish I’d never updated.

Soldato
How's the stability of the current AGESA version, and version 1.0.0.7(c)?

Anyone noticed any improvements?

I found the biggest changes for my board on 1.0.8.0, looks like your ASRock board skipped that agesa though, for me it was 1709 https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-gene-model/helpdesk_bios/

1.0.0.7b was to help with RAM overclocking but only seemed to help with Hynix based sticks, so they released 1.0.0.7c to help Samsung based RAM overclocks.

You can see in that link above that 1.0.0.7a was to limit the SOC voltage to save the board frying chips.

Last edited:
Soldato
I set my SOC voltage manually a while ago, it should be within safe limits.
Make sure you set it in your boards Tweaker menu and also in the AMD overclocking menu too as one can override the other if one of them is set to auto, the AMD overclocking menu works in mV so mine is set to 1.26v in the ASUS Tweaker menu, and 1260mV in the AMD overclocking menu > SOC Voltage.

Buildzoid did a big video about the one menu soc voltage overriding the other on a Gigabyte X670 Master board, i'll see if I can find the link

Last edited:
Associate
On 1.0.0.6 with my B650 AORUS ELITE AX I used to get a random crash about once a week, been on their alpha BIOS with AGESA 1.1.0.0 and it hasn't crashed yet, although I probably just jinxed it :p
I did indeed jinx it and it crashed overnight, there's a new stable 1.0.0.7c release that I haven't tried yet so that's next

Soldato
OP
Can some of you let me know how you've gotten on with updating your BIOS to AGESA v1.1.0.0?

Apart from the ability to run DDR5 at frequencies above 6000 MT/s (Since AGESA 1.0.0.7), have there been many other improvements or performance enhancements?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can some of you let me know how you've gotten on with updating your BIOS to AGESA v1.1.0.0?

Apart from the ability to run DDR5 at frequencies above 6000 MT/s (Since AGESA 1.0.0.7), have there been many other improvements or performance enhancements?
ASUS version is still in beta and its a buggy buggy mess so I back flashed to 1.0.8.0 until they fix things.

Board hanging on B4 post code = USB errors, a cmos reset and then reload the settings fixes it for a short time, then its back again, but only happens on 1.1.0.0

M.2 drives going missing, a reboot normally fixes it.

It brought more bad than good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom