• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I update my BIOS (AM5 platform) to AGESA v1.1.0.0 (new)?

Associate
If it works leave it as it is. I have an Asus B650E-E, I tried a few different bioses, and only one works well with Expo Enabled and the memory I got. Last month I was tempted to try the latest one and it was unstable on boot so I had to go back to the one that works, so don't assume newest is better.

Soldato
OP
Lots of people will be updating when Zen 5 CPUs are released, which is scheduled for Q4 2024 / or late Q3.

I'm weighing up if I should hold off until then. Even if I don't pull the trigger on a new CPU, it would be nice to have the option.

On factor in favour of upgrading soon, is that I don't have an Asus motherboard. No one has reported issues on this thread with ASRock motherboards and the latest AGESA BIOS, which is not a beta.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be looking in about 4 years to see what's the best CPU my board can manage. Can't imagine the 8000 series would benefit my gaming compared to my 7800x3d, I never upgrade that regular anymore as I like to see noticeable gains.

Soldato
OP
I'd like them to improve the clock frequency on the next gen vcache CPUs, the design seems like it has some constraints at present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom