Show me your projector setup

Soldato
I need to convince the other half that we need to get a projector setup in the house. I'm hoping some impressive shots of yours will help my argument.

Share yours and help a brother out!

Associate
screen%20f_zpsveifixhw.jpg

screen%20t_zpseeesrsqi.jpg

cinema%202_zpsxpz4aymj.jpg

Caporegime
I need to convince the other half that we need to get a projector setup in the house. I'm hoping some impressive shots of yours will help my argument.

Share yours and help a brother out!

you will have a better chance of convincing her a threesome is a better idea tbh. if she doesn't want it then no picture will ever make her change her mind.

Soldato
The best thing that will help your argument if it is not already a lost battle is a ceiling inline recess screen, it costs more but blends happily into the ceiling and only comes down when the PJ is on, otherwise there is always something 'there'.

Soldato
OP
you will have a better chance of convincing her a threesome is a better idea tbh. if she doesn't want it then no picture will ever make her change her mind.

She's on the fence. I'll sway her, and set up pictures (thanks chaps) are helping.

Caporegime
She's on the fence. I'll sway her, and set up pictures (thanks chaps) are helping.

do you know what a proper setup includes or are you just going for screen and projector?

people usually have to customise the full room to accomodate a projector. controlled lighting. blackout curtains/blinds. change the colour of walls even the ceiling.

or others simply just buy a projector and a screen don't care about PQ at all.

Soldato
OP
do you know what a proper setup includes or are you just going for screen and projector?

people usually have to customise the full room to accomodate a projector. controlled lighting. blackout curtains/blinds. change the colour of walls even the ceiling.

or others simply just buy a projector and a screen don't care about PQ at all.

The property we're currently looking at has two reception rooms - one of which would be perfect for a projector/movie/gaming room, the other can be a tidy wood floored living room with nice furniture.
I've always wanted a home cinema set up, and as long as I get the final nod, I'll probably go for the best effort I can, including the above

Caporegime
The property we're currently looking at has two reception rooms - one of which would be perfect for a projector/movie/gaming room, the other can be a tidy wood floored living room with nice furniture.
I've always wanted a home cinema set up, and as long as I get the final nod, I'll probably go for the best effort I can, including the above

fair enough then your best bet is to head over to avforums they have a dedicated subsection just to home cinemas where you will see literally hundreds of setups from around the country. it's a much better source for this type of thing and i'm sure the people who have setups on here gleamed all their info from avforums.

Associate
do you work for Avforums Sonny ? , its not be be all and end all, AVS is far superior and fairly moderated unlike avforums . also whats the point of having a cinema section in here if your going to divert people to the overly moderated avforums ?

Soldato
While a dedicated room is great there is nothing at all wrong with having a pull down screen above your regular tv turn the lights off and sit down to a big screen film. Mine cost £245 for projector and screen and it's a much nicer experience than a tv

Soldato
OP
While a dedicated room is great there is nothing at all wrong with having a pull down screen above your regular tv turn the lights off and sit down to a big screen film. Mine cost £245 for projector and screen and it's a much nicer experience than a tv
All depending on our next house, it might come to that, and I think I'd still be happy!

Associate
All depending on our next house, it might come to that, and I think I'd still be happy!

I had my setup in the lounge before which is fine if my missus is interested in the film, but if not then I'd have to wait til she was out as it obviously takes over the lounge.

A dedicated room is worth pushing for if you have the space, although a projector setup in the lounge is still great if it's not possible.

Back
Top Bottom