*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Man of Honour
SZYWiNy.jpg

MacBook Pro has basically become my main machine now and virtually never leaves clamshell mode, especially now I use my iPad Pro as a laptop on the train.

Preordered a load of the nanoleaf canvas to go on the wall and make it look less empty. So looking forward to those turning up

Permabanned
Base spec 2018 15". I actually went for the LG monitor based off of how it looked in your setup :)

Awesome. The 15” is such a powerful machine that for the first time a laptop feels like a desktop. I was going to replace the MBP with a new Mac Mini now that I got the iPad but it’s so handy having a laptop every now and again that I’m keeping what I have.

Caporegime
What case is that?

Meidom iPhone Xr Case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSLZPBV?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

The back is real glass so you get that naked iPhone feel but the side is rubber so still offer protection. The obvious downside of course is any dust getting behind it will show so you will need to take it out once in a while to give it a wipe. So far since I got the phone I’ve only done that twice and the rear glass hasn’t scratched at all so it’s holding up well. I’ve actually went and bought a spare in case it gets discontinued. It’s only £12 too.

Soldato
I daren't show a picture of mine when it's set up on my monitor... my room/desk is a mess in comparison to these above.

nel9zdQh.jpg #

I got a bargain on the 2018 MacBook Pro 13, so upgraded my 2017 MacBook Air.

Does anyone else use dual monitors? Is there a USB Type-C 'dock' that has HDMI and DisplayPort?

**EDIT** As I think about it, it doesn't need a DisplayPort, just at least 2 USB Type-C, one for power in and one for the DisplayPort USB Type-C cable I have, as well of course as HDMI.

Soldato
Meidom iPhone Xr Case

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSLZPBV?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

The back is real glass so you get that naked iPhone feel but the side is rubber so still offer protection. The obvious downside of course is any dust getting behind it will show so you will need to take it out once in a while to give it a wipe. So far since I got the phone I’ve only done that twice and the rear glass hasn’t scratched at all so it’s holding up well. I’ve actually went and bought a spare in case it gets discontinued. It’s only £12 too.

Hmm, I keep looking at nice folio cases like apple/torro etc, but in practical use they’d be a pain. I might stick with pitaka or apple silicone.

Caporegime
Hmm, I keep looking at nice folio cases like apple/torro etc, but in practical use they’d be a pain. I might stick with pitaka or apple silicone.

My old iPhone I have an Apple leather case which I thought was great. The new Apple case for the XR is just like this one but not as good IMO, at least this has a glass back to retain that naked iPhone feel but the rubber sides gives it the grip, at 1/3rd of the price too of the Apple one.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Loving the patina on the saddle brown case. Owned since this September on my XS.

Saddle_Brown_iPhoneXS-1_web.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
SZYWiNy.jpg

MacBook Pro has basically become my main machine now and virtually never leaves clamshell mode, especially now I use my iPad Pro as a laptop on the train.

Preordered a load of the nanoleaf canvas to go on the wall and make it look less empty. So looking forward to those turning up

Is that the same monitor as Spit's or is it the 27" version?

Associate
SZYWiNy.jpg

how are you finding that LG screen? i'm torn between getting it for my macbook pro and just buying an imac outright (i've always wanted one).

Back
Top Bottom