*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Associate
Works absolutely fine, been thrashed to hell running 8 Vmware machines all day long, no dead pixels, no flickering.... nothing... works like a dream ;)

Could you post what week number yours was made? First 4-5 digits of the serial number?!?

(Somebody else might be able to confirm exactly how to check).

Permabanned
Just sorted my new setup today, New MBP 13" and Dell 2408wfp - still waiting on my apple keyboard and wireless mouse though :/

I'll get a better picture once I have them and had a chance to do some cable management :)

4188233291_c010075909.jpg

Associate
Still testing for any problems on the 27" ;)

Anybody got an ideas for causing/testing for the screen tearing issue? I want to thrash the hell out of it to see if it does indeed have the problems or whether this machine is fine... (as I suspect)

To be honest think I'm worrying about nothing, statistically they can't all be duds as some of the press is making out.

So far I've tried:

- I've tried playing 4 youtube vids at once in separate browser windows for the past hour, not seen any problem.
- All day yesterday was running loads of Vmware so really trashed the CPU and memory to hell...

Anybody got an further ideas for testing?

Associate
Yeah I checked the yellow tint/pixel issues using the test at http://imac.squeaked.com/

Still can't see anything wrong with it so I guess I got a working one and will now relax and enjoy this beast of a machine.

I guess it one of those things, the customers with problems shout louder than those without. Hence a small proportion of problems is blown up to be a massive issue when the media get involved... I don't deny some people have had issues that clear as day, but it would be interesting to know how many apple shipped and how many actually have issues..

Even the guy on imac.squeaked.com states "(this is an "unscientific" survey and as such should not be considered representative of all iMacs sold)."

Some of the reported issues seem to be from non-techy users jumping on the band wagon and frankly non-issues... I love some of them... "I don't work for a while and the screen dims, if I move the mouse suddenly it returns to full brightness" - Errrrrr yeah it's called power saving

Soldato
Some of the reported issues seem to be from non-techy users jumping on the band wagon and frankly non-issues... I love some of them... "I don't work for a while and the screen dims, if I move the mouse suddenly it returns to full brightness" - Errrrrr yeah it's called power saving

Regional escalation: The customer's reporting 100% CPU utilisation and the network management is going nuts about it. It's causing rejections on the network and time outs.. Regional OPs has looked at the boxes so it must be your software.

Me: Did you switch off the CPU core speed scaling when you installed RedHat? If not the CPU will always show 100%.. it'll take a spit second to scale up the CPU for the load.

Region: Ahh that worked.

It's not only non-techies that have issues with simplicity..

Associate
13" MB991 - (The better one :p) £830, I was pleased.

The day I got it.

4105545734_771e0eced3_o_d.jpg

What it looks like inside.

4233802236_6d47eab0ca_o_d.jpg

My current desktop. The apple logo shows the album artwork from iTunes.

4233030809_075b098133_o_d.jpg

And accompanying login screen...

4233803054_4c69335138_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom