Show something for all your spamming!

Soldato
It costs nothing, does't hinder your PC's performance, brings together the OcUK spirit and abit of competition!

WhatPulse

To sum up what exactly 'WhatPulse' is I'll quote BillytheImpaler and Joe42

BillytheImpaler said:
Executive summary: It's a program that counts how many keys you press. You should do it because it's fun. It won't hurt your FAH performance because it doesn't really use any significant CPU time.

Joe42 said:
All it does it keep a count of key presses, mouse clicks and mouse miles, and you 'pulse' a central server and it keeps a total. Then you join a team and compete, and you get some admirable statistics to show off.
For instance my mouse has done nearly 20 miles since i first started on the 15th of january, and in that time i've typed over 300,000 keys.

So after reading that, you slackers must be intrested to see just how manykeys and clicks your producing each hour/day/week!

Heres instructions on how to set up the small program that sits in your taskbar, sorting through your millions of clicks and keys :p

Go to http://whatpulse.org/

Click signup
Enter details
[ONLY FOR BETA VERSION] In the Profile box, enter a profile for the specific computer, if your only using whatpulse on one pc just call it profile "1" if your using on more than one computer make different profiles for each of those computers.
Click verification link in email
Go to your profile
Click teams
Join a team
Search for Overclockers uk
Click join
Password is OcUK

Download the 1.5 beta or 1.4.7 stable version here http://whatpulse.org/downloads/

Install it
Enter account details
Click ok
Done.

Right click the icon and click pulse to update your stats.

Team stats are here http://whatpulse.org/stats/teams/11231/

These are the settings which I use, keeps things running smoothly.

untitled1qq7.jpg

Also keep a check on Joe42's website he's nicely made for us Whaters or Pulsers :p http://ocukpulse.googlepages.com/home

Thanks,
Mark

Soldato
OP
What is WhatPulse's stance on privacy?

WhatPulse respects all of our user’s privacy. We do not use your email address for sending unsolicited email; we will not sell your email address nor any other user information.

WhatPulse is not a key logger and it does not record the keys that you type. It only records how many times you’ve pressed a certain key, or any key. WhatPulse does not transmit key frequency information to the server nor anything else than your key count.

WhatPulse also asks it’s users to use common sense not to reveal any personal information on the forums, the chat, nor to any other users.

More detailed information can be obtained at the followin page: http://whatpulse.org/policy/

Soldato
As you might have read in my post
fini said:
they say that keystrokes aren't logged
I did read the privacy policy you quoted, however, as I said
fini said:
there's no way of knowing
Just because they say they're doing one thing doesnt mean they're not doing the other.

fini

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
I have ye signed up. I shall power myself up the team ranks tomorrow. I assume it includes stuff in games etc?

Every Key and every click :) So longs your computers on ofcourse!

And no cheating by holding down the keys, that doesn't work!

Caporegime
fini said:
As you might have read in my post

I did read the privacy policy you quoted, however, as I said

Just because they say they're doing one thing doesnt mean they're not doing the other.

fini

Well to be honest as there are thousands if not 100's of thousands of users, the chance of them picking up your credit card number is pretty slim. They would also have to have a humungus storage array to store all the keys! ;)

Soldato
MarkLP said:
Every Key and every click :) So longs your computers on ofcourse!

And no cheating by holding down the keys, that doesn't work!

Oh, that may not work, but sliding your hand across the keyboard does, aswell as quickly right clicking the left and right mouse buttons. ;)

Oh my, I clocked up over a 100 keys by typing that. :o

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
Oh, that may not work, but sliding your hand across the keyboard does, aswell as quickly right clicking the left and right mouse buttons. ;)

Oh my, I clocked up over a 100 keys by typing that. :o

oh noes!! :p

EDIT/ only 12,348 keys and 8,338 for Monday... Thats poooor

Soldato
It also counts any button on a mouse, so for web browsing, as I use the side buttons for forward/back I could be clocking up a high mouse click count. :p

And, If you pulse too many times in a short space of time it appears not to let you right click the icon. :(

Back
Top Bottom